Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   He wont DIE!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48556)

Jason 10-16-2000 02:55 AM

I am at the final battle with irenicus and he is not attacking me and his status is near death, but even after letting my guys tear into him for about 10 minutes, he does not die! Any help would be great!!

Uncle Lester 10-16-2000 06:59 AM

Well, I know 2 ways to completely "eradicate" Irenicus, first way is to finish him of in your Slayer form; be carefull choosing that solution though, when I tried it I accidently butchered my own party members because I couldn't control myself anymore (figures for a creature called The Slayer, right?) and the second way (and more safe one) is to let the main character and Imoen TOGETHER kill Irenicus, although I had to use some damn powerfull weapons like the Equaliser and Crom Faeyr for Imoen and the main character to get through his shields of magic.

Brockstar 12-24-2000 03:22 AM

I have same problem. It's not a matter of combos or using magical items to bring him near death and using plain items
to finish him off or becoming the slayer for that matter. This is some kind of bug, it's happend to a lot of people, so far I have no answer but this guy just stands there with his bloody arms crossed while you hack at him (for eternity) and he doesn't die and he doesn't attack you either. I had the same problem killing Bhodi, she was just near death and wouldn't die (eventually she did) until I left the tombs and returned without protection from undead. This is very strange bug and it's pissing me off,
I hope someone finds a solution soon, I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE GAME, Is that TOO MUCH to ask?

Zenith 12-24-2000 11:29 AM

try using non-magical weapons for the killing blows. in the elven city, there is a woman who offers to sell you things just before you enter the palace. she only sells non-magical missile weapons. this is a clue as to how to kill him.

robertthebard 01-01-2001 08:56 AM

I had to do the "Zenith" solution the first time through, however, try using spells such as remove magic, to remove his magical protections. this worked the second time through.

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-01-2001 10:05 AM

i killed him while while i was stunned (fucked up way to finish i don't feel like I defeated him)

try using some breach and warding whip spells to remove the protection against magical weapons

Be sure your mage don't get killed by those deamons though
(somehow they always attacked Edwin)

marcus majere 01-01-2001 10:22 AM

i use level drain, wizard 9th level, and i finish him with this.
i hope this can help.
Marcus Raist Majere