Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Favorite class/kit (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47907)

Neal 11-20-2000 08:22 PM

Since I plan on going through through the game once more, I was just wondering what your favorite/most enjoyable/most unique class or kit is.

Armisael 11-20-2000 08:29 PM

The fighter. Might seem like the easy choice, but I always enjoy playing the fighter. My character is a level 12 fighter dualled to a mage, adding an extra dimension to him. I'm one of the few people who aren't terribly fond of kits, to be honest. You could try a dwarven battlerager (berserker) or a monk for a bit of fun. The cavalier's good, the kensai/mage combination is meant to be pretty strong, or you lash out and try an assassin (a very underestimated class; they start with a poor THAC0, but in later levels they can be devastating).

Neal 11-20-2000 08:33 PM

Hmmmmm... ok, but with the kensai/mage is it dual or multi?

Armisael 11-20-2000 08:35 PM

You can't multiclass with a kit.

Neal 11-20-2000 08:37 PM

that's right, that's right, sorry.

RuDeBoy_666 11-22-2000 07:34 PM

Fighter/Mage Hands down, Weird bug in it where a fighter mage is almost indestructable in BG1 I had one who wandered through a load of kobalds without getting hit once. In BG2 They've made it so it isn't AS bad but they still get the wup down.

Astaroth 11-22-2000 11:50 PM

I say a Shadowmage (Mage/Thief multiclass) Just get to trademeet and pickpocket/kill Skarmaen Alibakkar (a jerk anyhow) and take his Elven Chainmail. Then you have a thief in chainmail who can still hide and cast speells. Plus, later in the game, you can get up to +4 elven chain! I found it to be a very useful character who can approach alot of situations with fun strategies. I have always enjoyed shadowmages.

omegadawn 11-23-2000 01:55 AM

The avenger druid is fun, I have one in my m.p. game. Call lightning and chain lighting in one single-classed spellcaster. Plus the disadvantages really arent. A priest with a con over 16 is a waste and the 16 strength limit is broken with one spell.

A battle plan Vs a group of foes: Cast iron skins. Cast Improved inviso Be the first into battle casting Chain lightning. Shapeshift into fire salamander. Have your buddy Mages cast a few fireballs at you from the distance while you enemies surround you sucking up 25,000 volts. watch them die.

BaatoRyan 11-23-2000 02:15 AM

My real favorite is the Paladin. They are great fighters with healing spells! And they are all good looking too... hehe Right now I'm obsessed with a Kensai because I'm fond of this "He is invincible!" More of like Anime types of characters... I mean they wear no armor... kinda cool...

BearhugTheBrave 11-23-2000 10:53 AM

I started this game with my old trusty Ranger from BG1 but for some reason I decided to try something new after a while. So... I made myself a Half-Orc Fighter/Thief and he rocks! With 19 STR, 18 DEX and 19 CON he can stand up to the worst of them and when he sneaks up behind his target for a nice backstab he can really do some damage! Last night I did 106 damage to a troll who never knew what hit him...