Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   quick "key" question (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4256)

JuuBu 01-02-2001 08:43 PM

Just wonder if all the six keys you need in the beginning, the wand of missles key, wand of lightning key ect are needed later in the game too or can i throw them away (taking 6 slots in my chars inv is alot when hunting for eq)

thanx in advance for reply

Zoratorak 01-02-2001 08:53 PM

err... your suppose to trade it in the dungeon for the wands of those keys to get past the unremovable traps..

PhilM13 05-25-2002 05:03 AM

ok, I often have breaks of many months while playing BG2.

Now then,.. I have completed all Chapter one quests and
currently have a page full of Chapter two quests to complete.

I have a number of wand of something keys in my inventory
and I forget what they are used for, or what they are
all about.

My Question....Do I need to keep them or can I throw them
away?

Sir Exxon 05-25-2002 08:09 AM

<font color="gold">I assume that you meen the Wand of _____ Keys that are found in Irenicus' Dungeon? If so, no, there is no need for them.
Cause they should have been putted in some slots back in the Dungeon, so you could step safely over a trapped floor, and get some good Wands. So if you still have only the keys, just throw them away. ;) </font>

Loremage 05-25-2002 01:32 PM

Thre pointless. You can just seak around teh side and for me each of the wands only had 1 charge.

masteraleph 05-25-2002 03:42 PM

Loremage-
They're only supposed to have 1 charge each. However, I've found them very useful for dealing with the party on the 2nd floor of the tavern in Waukeen's promanade (the group with the dwarf and the berserker). Using them, you can exit Irenicus's dungeon, do the circus quest, and then go pick up some nice shiny Full Plate before even entering chapter 2.

Dundee Slaytern 05-25-2002 03:44 PM

Sell them and steal/buy it back for a full recharge(10-100, depending on wand type).

[ 05-25-2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Xero279 05-26-2002 12:22 AM

if an item (ex. staff of fire) has a certain amount of charges.. and you use all the charges.. is there any way to recharge it?

Glorfindel 05-26-2002 07:05 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> The Cloudkill wand is very good for Wiping out the vamp/theives in that miny guild room in irenicus' dungeon.. kills em all easy [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Helspanth 05-26-2002 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xero279:
if an item (ex. staff of fire) has a certain amount of charges.. and you use all the charges.. is there any way to recharge it?
As dundee said you sell it and then buy/steal it.