Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Spirited Away (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40221)

Beaumanoir 09-28-2004 12:46 PM

I've never watched an Anime film before, but I have to say that this film is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. The characters, the story, and the amazing Voice acting (In the english translation) absolutley blew me away. I've got to say that it's one of my favourite films now. Has anybody else seen this masterpiece? If you haven't then I recommend you do..

Arnabas 09-28-2004 01:15 PM

I liked it quite a bit, but my favourite work of his is still Nausicaa. But everything I've ever seen from Miyazaki is good.
If you liked Spirited Away, try to find Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and Princess Mononoke.

Jotin 09-28-2004 06:26 PM

I really liked spirited away, i'll try to find those films you listed. Can you suggest one of them over the others?

Sir Degrader 09-28-2004 06:32 PM

anyone but mononoke, I liked all his other stuff, but Mononoke seems weak now in retrospect, especially to the others.

Link 09-29-2004 07:54 AM

Princess Mononoke is an awsome story. Very original in it's concept, IMHO [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also like the Cowboy Bebop movie "Knocking on Heaven's Door" a lot. Oh, and while we're talking Cowboy Bebop: if you want to hear some beautiful music, make sure to watch Episode 5 of the series entitled Ballad of Fallen Angels. Towards the end, music and images blend together in perfect harmony. The best anime I've ever seen!

Melusine 09-29-2004 12:46 PM

I think there was a topic about Spirited Away before, a search might turn it up for you. I loved it too, BTW! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kaltia 09-29-2004 04:10 PM

I loved Princess Mononoke, and I'd second the rec for Cowboy Bebop- as one friend of mine remarked, it's the "anime for people who don't like anime"-just that good.

If you can get it, I'd also recommend Fullmetal Alchemist- a wonderful mix of humour and tragedy, and the main character, Edward Elric, is possibly one of the most interesting I've seen in a long time in any medium.

Spirits forever 09-29-2004 10:04 PM

oh yeah, awesome movie!! watched it in theathers, abour 2-3 times and couple more in dvd. but then again that was a year ago i think, and well miyazaki is awesome. i can't wait for his newest piece! its' supposed to be great!!!
and i can't belive that no one's mentioned Laputa:castle in the sky it's my fav!! love the ending song!!

Arnabas 10-01-2004 03:12 AM

I agree that princess Mononoke was weak, but it was still ok. But it seemed derivative of Nausicaa...

Link 10-02-2004 08:34 AM

The new movie by Miyazaki, "Howl's Moving Castle" apparently scored high at the movie festival in Venice [img]smile.gif[/img]