Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   albums/music that blew you away (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39144)

Dramnek_Ulk 07-21-2002 11:49 AM

Having just downloaded the new Night at the Opera album,
by Blind Guardian, I was so impressed by it’s most sterling qualities, namely reasonably intelligent lyrics and very intense songs, made so by extensive vocals making use of many voices and suchlike, but mainly the sum of the parts combined to make a album that just blew me away,
So good it is, that after just listening to the first 2 songs I bought it from amazon.de,
But Such albums/music are I feel rare, do share thine own perhaps.

lroyo 07-21-2002 04:40 PM

There are too many Dramnek! But I know what you mean. Occassionaly I find an album that touches me on a deeper level. That surpasses the superficiality that so many modern albums possess.

Albums like My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans, and Opeth - Still Life have truly touched me and downright changed me in some unexplainable way.

Blind Guardian may not be my thing, but I'm happy that you have found something special in their music. I wish more people would look at music's built-up boundaries and transcend them.

Join me in my war against commercial music! :D

Miinxx 07-23-2002 01:29 AM

Lorena Mckinnet-Mask and the mirror...a wonderful poetic/celtic type of album....Its wonderful.

[ 07-23-2002, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Miinxx ]

lroyo 07-23-2002 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Miinxx:
Lorena Mckinnet-Mask and the mirror...a wonderful poetic/celtic type of album....Its wonderful.
I don't have that one. I've got The Book of Secrets, and I think it's pretty good. Is the other one better?

Moni 07-24-2002 08:30 AM

Paul Horn's "Traveler"
I was given a copy to "use" for insomnia and was "blown away".
It is interesting music, but to sleep with it playing takes you to faraway peaceful dimensions you just can't reach otherwise. I am sure it was named "Traveler" for a reason!

As far as anything else goes, I'm too old and too old school to remember the ones I owned in my younger days that were really good the whole way through. I've listened to so much music that I don't even play it in the house anymore. I do have a few CD's out in the garage to listen to when I play around in my shop...Alice In Chain's "Dirt", Stabbing Westward's "Wither, Blister, Burn & Peel" and "Stone Temple Pilot's "Purple". :D
I need some new stuff though...will be keeping my eyes on this thread. ;) [img]smile.gif[/img]

uss 07-24-2002 12:34 PM

Rammstein`s "Mutter" [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

SecretMaster 07-25-2002 10:45 PM

Pink Floyd- "The Wall" and "Wish You Were Here"

Waldie 07-27-2002 03:02 PM

Lost Horizon - awakening the world: a new swedish Power metal band its so damn good

my favorite artist is King Diamond, a danish metal god!

Chewbacca 07-28-2002 07:25 PM

Pearl Jam- Ten

To name one of many...

DaemonJ 07-28-2002 09:52 PM

Any of David Arkenstone's 23 CD's - especially the Inspired by Middle Earth or Visionary.