Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Newbee in trouble. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37604)

Dragonshadow 10-24-2003 08:57 AM

Um. Hi. I haven't ever played this before, and I'm trying to find the server, but it's not working. I can't get onto it. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be going wrong and could offer a bit of help?
Cheers.

DS

Micah Foehammer 10-24-2003 09:08 AM

Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters.

What exactly happens when you try to log in? Are you getting timed out? Are you getting any error messages? Are you not seeing the EfU server pop up in a gamespy RolePlay menu server list?

One thing to notice is that unless the problem has been corrected, the EfU server status at the top of the IW forums no longer will tell you when the server is up and running due to a code problem in V1.32. Check

You may simply be hitting the server when it is down. Chech the EfU status button and write down the IP address. They try the direct connect option.

I haven't had ANY time to play on the EfU server lately so can't tell you whether it has been experiencing troubles or not.

Dragonshadow 10-24-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU. I'm afraid I don't really know what that is.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters. I don't know. How do you tell?

What exactly happens when you try to log in? Are you getting timed out? Are you getting any error messages? Are you not seeing the EfU server pop up in a gamespy RolePlay menu server list?
[/QB]
I think I'm getting the timed out one?

Micah Foehammer 10-24-2003 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU. I'm afraid I don't really know what that is.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters. I don't know. How do you tell?

I think I'm getting the timed out one? [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Hacked characters are characters where the stats, damage resistances, etc. have been altered so they violate the limits of what can be legally obtained by actually playing the game. If you haven't "tweaked" your character in that fashion, you're probably okay.

SoU is the Shadows of Undrentide expansion for NWN. I am still hazy on exactly what EfU requires in that regard. Actually, SoU is an EXCELLENT expansion and is well worth buying. The SOU campaign is far superior to the NWN OC!

Are you trying to connect via dial-up or a dsl/cable connection?
Check this thread for more details on this problem:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=8;t=000222

It may simply be that you are trying to connect when the EfU server is (a) totally full with other users in which case you can't connect, or (b) when the server is being reset. Either one would give you a timed out message I believe.

Dragonshadow 10-24-2003 09:54 AM

Cheers. I guess I'll have to try again later.

Dragonshadow 10-26-2003 04:01 AM

I think i worked out what was wrong: I think I've got the wrong version.

SpiritWarrior 10-26-2003 11:05 AM

Make sure you have HOtU (the expansion) and have downloaded and installed the latest patch (1.32).

andrewas 10-26-2003 11:19 AM

HotU is the upcomming expansion, which isn't out yet. And you wont need that till Ziroc incorporates it into the mod. The first expansion, SoU, is needed though.

Dragonshadow 10-28-2003 05:34 AM

Guess it looks like I won't be doing anything: I haven't got the right version or any expansions.
Oh well.