Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Build help needed please (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36630)

Soulreaver 12-23-2004 07:09 AM

I want to build a drow slavemaster, and she will be using a whip and shield.
I usually only build boring fighters so I am wondering if I could get some guidance in what classes or multi-classes, and feats. Help is much appreciated
Thank you very much
Mark

robertthebard 01-01-2005 12:59 AM

Best to start with the boring fighter, for the extra feats. Be sure to take exotic weapon feat, or you won't be able to use the whip. Whip comes with it's own disarm feat, which is cool, but go ahead and take the disarm feat as well. Opens the door for improved disarm, and enables you to use it while using other melee weapons, if you so choose. I'd go ahead and take weapon master, focusing on the whip. Can't beat the bonuses. I'd take only the necessary feats to become a weapon master, and build fighter only until you can take it. After that, finish out the build in weapon master. Make sure to set int to at least 13, as well as dex, both will be required to get the required feats for wm. By the way, welcome to IW, hope you find what your looking for.

T-D-C 01-01-2005 01:03 AM

Fighter/weapon master is a good combo to maximise the whip.

The only other decision you need to make is if you want to go dex based (with light or no armour) or strength based and using heavy plate.

quietman1920 01-06-2005 06:42 PM

Is there a link to where someone has gonbe through the step-by-step fighter/weapon master build? I have been trying to do this from a default fighter for Hours (katana as weapon). I set the build as auto towards Weapon Master. At every level, I hit the 'accept recomended' for both skills & feats. I get weap focus & Dodge to start. I even get spring attack. But Expertise & Whirlwind never rear their ugly heads. I was using a human char....would that make a difference? I know that this has been discussed. If someone would post a link, I'd be most grateful...

T-D-C 01-06-2005 06:49 PM

The recomended button can get you some really weird choices for your build.

Are you focusing on heavy armour or light armour ?

I did a fighter 12 weapon master 28 build a while ago. not sure if I kept the build steps though.

This page here is really good to find builds.

[ 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]

Stratos 01-06-2005 06:51 PM

To get Expertise, you need a intelligence score of at least 13.

To get Whirlwind Attack, you need both an intelligence and a dexterity score of 13 or more, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack and a BAB of +4.

Since you get Spring Attack I assume you have Mobility, right? If you're not getting Expertise (which is needed for Whirlwind Attack) that means your intelligence is too low. Raise it to 13.