Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nano's Aurora questions (updated 3/22) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35350)

Nanobyte 03-18-2003 07:21 PM

<table border=1 cellpadding=5><tr><td>Key:
answered
unanswered</td></tr></table>
3/18
OK, right now I'm trying to figure out how to make a character (an NPC) to appear sitting. I know you can force rest when you play with the DM toolset, but how do I make them "sit" on the area I place them? Also, is it possible to make them appear sitting on furniture, i.e. couches, benches, etc.?

3/22
OK, where is the tileset for those destroyed buildings, as in the ones found in No-Man's Land in the storyline? I'm constructing a rural area, so I don't know whether the area type plays a role in this or not.

[ 03-22-2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]

SpiritWarrior 03-18-2003 10:55 PM

Nah as far as I know it ain't possible to have them simply sitting on the floor (terrain) but on placeables yes, they can sit in chairs just like PC's do. The script needs to be fired from the NPC's onspawn though...

The creature would have to be scripted so that when the game begins it finds a chair and performs the ActionSit command.

Create a placeable object chair and give it the tag "CHAIRNPC" or whatever you want (keep it simple). Place the NPC next to the chair. Copy and save their OnSpawn script under another name, and add this line at the bottom:

ActionSit (GetNearestObjectByTag ("CHAIRNPC", OBJECT_SELF));

If your gonna call it something else make sure the tag "CHAIRNPC" of the actual chair matches that in the script like I have done above.
Note that when a PC speaks to the NPC, they will stand up. To get them to sit back down, you will need to go to the 'Other Files' tab in their dialogue. You will see spots for two scripts there, which activate when dialogue is either ended or aborted. Make a script that calls the above line and they will sit back down once dialogue is over.

[ 03-20-2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]

Sir Ryan Trawl 03-22-2003 10:15 PM

To make a NPC sit on the ground (when not in a conversation) is:
void main()
{
ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_SIT_CROSS,1. 0,4000.00);
}
Make a script that says that, and put it in the OnHeartbeat script on the NPC

SpiritWarrior 03-23-2003 01:42 AM

Yes I think you can do it that way but the Onheartbeat will slow down your module, this is why I avoid it....

SpiritWarrior 03-24-2003 02:47 AM

Quote:

OK, where is the tileset for those destroyed buildings, as in the ones found in No-Man's Land in the storyline? I'm constructing a rural area, so I don't know whether the area type plays a role in this or not.
It does.

[ 03-24-2003, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]