Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   3rd Edition Rules?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33525)

Ziroc 05-16-2000 05:58 AM

Anyone want to help me out with whats new in the 3rd Edition rules?
I understand WotC is dropping the "Advanced" part of D&D.. so AD&D is
nolonger... Hmm I dunno if I like that..
I know that they are bring Orc's back as player characters, but what else is new?

Anyone??

Nick 07-02-2000 12:49 AM

There are going to be new classes such as the monk and barbarian.There will be new spells and thats about all I know.I also dont like the way its cutting out the "Advanced" part.
I intend on buying the new rulebooks in August and be able to experience AD&D oh sorry I mean D&D on pen and paper then.If I learn more Ill get back to you.

Apok 07-09-2000 02:10 AM

Actually, it's the half-orc they're bringing back, not the orc. Not like there's that much of a difference. Check out the WOTC (wizards of the coast) web site (www.wizards.com) to find information about 3rd edition D&D. They probably won't have everything you're looking for, but there is a lot of useful information there describing some of the mechanics of 3rd edition. The best thing I like about the new rules is that any race can be any class, and everybody can multi class (and dual class as well, i think).

Zanto 07-21-2000 07:40 PM

well the third edition rules will be adding new classes such as Sorcerer Monk and barbarian as well. they will be bringing back the Hlaf-orc as well, they will also be adding Called Shots like with a bow or sling or something. also they will be adding parry for assassins and warriors and such. They are keeping the rest of it heavily under wraps due to those uptight people at Wizards. What im looking forward to is player kits actually.
anyone know all of them, any of them?

Bman64 10-17-2000 07:33 PM

I think i heard somwhere that in the new rule players can only get to level 20. I don't know how they could reasonably do that considering when neverwinter comes out I plan to make the most epic lord of the rings game of all time. I thinkgin level 30 here people!

cfredrickson 10-26-2000 02:40 PM

You can go higher then 20th level in d20 (3 edition D&D) the level cap is just a table size limit. He pick a Players handbook and see what I mean. I like the system better than the older rules versions. Much more flexable.

Waiting with keen interest for Neverwinter Nights,
Semi retired vet DM and world maker.

cfredrickson 10-26-2000 02:41 PM

You can go higher then 20th level in d20 (3 edition D&D) the level cap is just a table size limit. He pick a Players handbook and see what I mean. I like the system better than the older rules versions. Much more flexable.