Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   trap (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32910)

dragon2005 12-05-2004 02:51 PM

why when i disarm a trap there are black tills and gold ones.
what is the difrens?

Rusty Shackleford 12-05-2004 03:18 PM

the gold ones were the ones you had to pick to disarm the trap and the black ones are the ones that just wasted your time. theres no way to choose wich tile to pick though..

jsalsb 12-05-2004 04:17 PM

Just click and wait - or hit the abort button. The little business it does with the animation is for show. there's no way you can influence it.

Rusty Shackleford 12-05-2004 04:25 PM

well, if your realy having trouble with a lock you can start over whenever it goes on a black tile (you'l know a few after your first try) and it might help just a little bit

aleph_null1 12-05-2004 09:07 PM

That's the play when you're working with someone with a low Locks & Traps skill:

Wait until you're halfway through the red bar, then abort and try again. As long as the lock's not rated as Intricate (pretty much impossible), two or three tries like that will get you open.

Bungleau 12-05-2004 09:54 PM

Grrr... I tried responding earlier, but the board crapped out on me :(

Each lock is composed of up to 9 tumblers. As your rogue tries them, they turn either black (if not in use) or gold (if they're in use and he or she succeeds). If you abort your attempt to pick the lock and start over, the tumbler setting remains the same.

One of the tricks I use in the early game is to try to pick the lock and see which tumblers are involved. If my rogue starts working on a tumbler that isn't in use, I abort and start over. Amazing how easy it can be to pick locks if you only work on the active tumblers... :D

bsftcs 12-06-2004 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
Grrr... I tried responding earlier, but the board crapped out on me :(
Out of the topic: Has anything new come up as to the board time-outs? I have not had one in half a year or so.

jsalsb 12-06-2004 09:24 AM

me neither, not for a really long time. Perhaps it was an internet routing problem. You know, when a truck hits a routing building somewhere in the the Carolinas ;) and then all traffic between x and y gets confusingly re-routed until they find a new permanent route for it. Internet still seems fine because you still receive web pages that aren't on that rout.

Bungleau 12-06-2004 09:54 AM

I haven't heard of anything in that realm recently, and this was the first time it had happened to me in a while.

*edit* I should mention that I know that Ziroc changed some things, but I don't remember the details. They're probably still buried on the GD boards, or perhaps even up at the top.

Unfortunately, I was out of the habit of saving early and often when I posted... :(

But I'm over it, honestly! :D

[ 12-06-2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]

dragon2005 12-06-2004 02:00 PM

o.k thanks but you did not understand me right.
i have no problems of unlocking cheast my assassin have 8 in this skill and i was just qureos.