Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   looking for the serpent idol (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32842)

sgtzack 09-05-2004 02:37 AM

i killed the slime crud in the temple but cant find the chest that has the serpent idol in it-is there a map of this watery area?played the game to this point before but found the chest then-strange-while in the narrows of the water it appears as though i could go further but my crew wont move-tried looking down at 45 slant but drowned trying to get moving-tried moving with rogue gnome in lead too! havent ever killed the naga-looking forward to it-ty all for all the great hints/help

aleph_null1 09-05-2004 06:46 AM

The Serpent Idol sits on a pedestal (no chest) just past that narrow place where people always seem to get stuck -- honestly, in almost four years now, I never have -- but, in any case, if you've no Pixie in your party, Radek's a big fan of Vanishing your way out of that trap :D

bsftcs 09-05-2004 06:59 AM

It is very odd indeed, I have never been stuck there either.

I know that in some cases when one is stuck in a narrow place one can change the screen resolution and will then be able to wriggle through. It seems strange, but it has been verified by a number of people on this forum over the years, so I suggest you try.

In any case, you do not need the serpent idol. It will open the way to the book of the serpent, but the contents of the book is already posted in our best tips thread, so you can always get the answers there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bungleau 09-05-2004 04:25 PM

I have been stuck there as well, but sometimes, I do get through. Small characters do help...

And welcome to the boards, sgtzack! May you bring order and rule to the chaos of the Gael Serran...

sgtzack 09-06-2004 01:36 AM

thank you all for the help.i thought maybe mistakenly that the serpent idol was needed for the masque of death or evil to spawn ardibren at shurugeon castle.i havent been able to get him to spawn.any help here would again be much appreciated.its nice to see a site with no negative comments/slurs against other people.what a big turn off i find that!onward and upward to bigger and better loot(old d and d saying)

aleph_null1 09-06-2004 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sgtzack:
... to spawn ardibren at shurugeon castle.i havent been able to get him to spawn ...
Now that is odd -- he always appears in that room with the big spiral staircase on the lower level (either around to the right as you step of the elevator or straight across from the chain pull puzzle, depending which is easier to think of).

Bungleau 09-06-2004 01:08 PM

Hmmm... Aleph_null1 is right. Ardibren always appears in the same room, to help you with a battle.

You didn't accidentally kill him, did you? I'm not even sure you can, but that might be a problem.

And if you've met him once, he'll be waiting outside for you.

sgtzack 09-06-2004 08:43 PM

didnt kill him.guide book said he would be found to the southeast but if the map in the book has north to the top then i found him to the southwest.duh those kind of directions i dont need.i can get lost all by my self thank you very much!!!still cant find the serpent library and the scroll of trickery/serpent wand.map in guide book shows no connection of the library to the rest of the temple!?!!?

Bungleau 09-06-2004 09:27 PM

Ahhh.... the Tome of Misinformation strikes again [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL @ "I can get lost all by myself, TYVM!" :D

The serpent temple is one of the most complicated dungeons because it's on multiple levels, and you go up and down all the time. So while it may look disconnected, it really isn't. You've just got to find the right spot.

Take a look at bsftcs' maps on the main page, and you should be able to find the area soon enough. If not, I'll pay attention when I get back into the game tonight, and I'll give you some more clear instructions. At least, as clear as can be... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyvern 09-07-2004 12:08 PM

I've never gotten stuck in that one area either - now granted, I almost always had a party primarily of humans (boring, I know). Not sure why that area seems to cause so many players difficulties.
Could it be that species are in the party? or is it related to which computers/OS etc?? I played W&W on a Dell with Win98 and the only problems I ever had were - the glow stones weren't all there (which is why I learned to hack items) and the vampire ring (I didn't want it anyways).

Wasn't swimming backwards one of the possible solutions to being stuck?? I think spinning/jumping/running helped too.

Fortunately, it isn't a game stopper - you don't HAVE to have the Idol and it is easy to hack if one wants to be (cough) thorough.

Wyv