Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   That unusual stat.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32326)

LiOnHe@rT 07-13-2003 02:22 AM

this came to my attention one day after running all the way back to ishad'na from who-knoes-where on the Gael Serran:
as i was putting my human character as a leader, i used him to run a super marathon all the way back to ishad'na without a horse (there wasnt a horse.....right?), and when i reached my destination and checked his stats, there was a word "beat" or something like that under the place where there was suppose to be an "OK" word. could this mean something???
yea i know it's coz of running too much but has any1 else encountered it b4? and how does it affect ur stats? :confused:

chi master 07-13-2003 02:58 AM

WoW i've never seen it before either.Sounds pretty weird.

bsftcs 07-13-2003 09:12 AM

I have also been wondering why that "ok-stat" was there at all since it always seemed to me my characters were ok. This is an interesting new discovery which calls for immediate investigation. Nice observation, Lionheart. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Bungleau 07-13-2003 10:25 PM

Hmmmm.... fresh meat! Time to check it out... unless Radek beats us all to it and comes back with an analysis of when, where, and how it happens... :D

The respect I have for Radek... it's immense... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Radek 07-14-2003 06:04 AM

I've never seen that. I was always "OK".

LiOnHe@rT 07-14-2003 06:31 AM

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] i didnt tink it would be that big a deal.....
but if u wanna try and get the same "problem" i did, try running around the Gael Serran NON-STOP, which means it's continuous holding down the shift button and having a big area to run around for abt 10 mins flat i tink..... a sign that signifies a chance of that stat appearing is when u hear ur own breath abt dozens of times (since i ran all the way from one side of ishad'na to the other side non-stop... :D )
wish ur all luck into finding That Unusual Stat!

WillowIX 07-14-2003 07:46 AM

Well doesn't that come from all your running? I mean you even sound exhausted after running a while. I have no idea if it effects the rest of the stats. That could be worth checking in to.

LiOnHe@rT 07-17-2003 08:35 AM

so............has anyone managed to get that stat yet? i'm dying to know more abt it! ;)

Greidee 08-10-2003 08:04 PM

Hi

I am just a newbie to WAW, but i have got this stat a few times. If I use evil eye several times in a row it pops up and prevents me from using it any more. I thought at first it was because I jumped off the path to the dragon cave, but after a bit of experimentation, that's what does it. Probably works if you have v low fort and run around a lot too. Don't know, as my char has everything pretty well maxed out (ok, so I 'cheat' just a little). ;)
Greidee

Bungleau 08-10-2003 10:35 PM

Welcome to the boards, Greidee. May your journeys in the Gael Serran fill the pages of many an Examiner...

Your comment got me to thinking about the Stamina field in other Wizardry games. Perhaps, even though you can't see it, it's still there behind the scenes. Hmmmm..... :D