Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help me kick CET (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31294)

scrottum splitter 02-28-2002 05:00 AM

Ok well problem number one is, I have all the tomes. And im in Cets Pyramid, but he wont let me out so i can go back to the town ?
2nd problem is ive tried to defeat Cet with the sword and the staff of death, but i cant even hit him. He blocks or deflects everything. How come ? ? ?
Thanks in advance.
Scrotty...

Wyvern 02-28-2002 08:08 AM

HI ss!!!

Did you charge up the sword and the staff in the Black Fire earlier in Cet's pyramid? If you didn't do that, you don't have a chance to defeat Cet. WHen you have done that, Cet will seem pretty easy!

Anephas tells you about charging the weapons in the Black Fire but it is extremely easy for players to miss that part of the conversation if they don't work through every keyword in the chat window. I know I missed it in my first game.

Once you get into the room with Cet, you cannot get back out. If you have an earlier save, you might consider reloading. You can get the 4th tomb earlier enough that it is still possible to get back to town. Such a pity that they make the ZenMaster and Valkyrie accessable so very late in the game. Great for replaying though!

Wyv

Davros 02-28-2002 10:06 AM

And from memory, G'ezzerad Ra also tells you about the black fire being necessary to kill an immortal. Pity about that bug that won't let you out of the temple - they should put a warning on that one.

koolaidfreeservecouk 02-28-2002 04:49 PM

Cet wasn't such a walk over for me. He kept doing firestorm on my party which took care of two to four heroes everytime. Luckily I had a damn good priest, a hoard of rebirth scrolls and a 226 hit point Barbarian with the Mavin in haste

Si

KAR_MOD1 02-28-2002 04:52 PM

Actually its not a bug. Lord Cet is the one who seals the pyramid so you cannot leave. It is after you go to the portal of issis (i know i spelled it wrong) and you had to attack kerah and then give her holy water. That is when he seals the pyramid and you have to fight him to the death, even though it wasnt that hard to kill him in my opinion or in my 50th level zenmaster's opinon. Altough i just waited till after i killed him to go back to town. Source: Brady Games: Offical Wizard & Warriors Strategy Guide.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]</p>

scrottum splitter 03-01-2002 03:34 AM

WAY HAY, thanks for that guys. Tonight Lord Cet WILL meet his doom for sure.
Er what do you suggest i buy next. ?
Scrottum Splitter.

Wyvern 03-01-2002 08:01 AM

What??

You're not going to play W&W again?? ;)

You might check out Wizardry 8, very similar in many ways.

Wyv