Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Damn it, damn it, damn it............................. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26622)

JesperBo 12-24-2000 03:39 PM

I need the serpent key - but I killed Krull ( or whatever his name is ) and I can't find it !!
Can anyone tell me the anwsers to the questions, to get in to the pitt where the naga is.
I have all that I need except the book of the servant.

thanx.............

Polarballs 12-24-2000 04:17 PM

It's been awhile since I did that maze and I don't remember what the serpent key opened. I do know that to get that book you take the 4 monkey statues into the library and put them into those little cubbyholes (there are lines on the floor connecting the cubbyholes). That gets you into his study if I remember correctly. there is a final cubbyhole in the middle of the room that you put the other statue into, a snake I think? To get this statue you swim underwater from those two early rooms with grate flooring and water underneath, you swim from their to a little cave with the statue on an alter. That gets you the book. I may have the order reversed but do all the statues and you get the book. I don't have the book anymore so I can't quote the phrases, sorry.

Thorny 12-24-2000 10:30 PM

The phrases in the book are;

As the serpent charms, the servant bows
Whilethe seepent schemes, the servant dreams
As the serpent sleeps, the servant waits
When the serpent strikes, the servant prays

Sazerac 12-25-2000 12:14 AM

The Serpent Key is a required quest item, so it shouldn't disappear.

First of all, check all of your character's inventories; they may have it there, especially if Kreug gave it to you to begin with. Also, check the floor VERY carefully in the room where you killed him. Use Spirit Eye if necessary.

Since the post above gave you the spoiler to answer the questions, it isn't necessary to get the Serpent idol, but if you want to get it anyway just for "closure", check to see if you can find the key.

Hope this helps!

Sazerac.

gauleiter 12-25-2000 02:39 AM

The Serpent Key opens the water holding cages that you need to swim through to get the Serpent Idol, which you need to get the Book of the Servant which tells you those 4 lines.

Awful lotta work, since Thorny told you the lines anyway =)

joff 12-29-2000 08:18 AM

Thanks everybody.

I was actualy only looking for the phrases in the book - cos I already beat the game once, I'm just trying to do it again with only 2 characters (wizard & priest)- when I realised that didn't have the serpent key !

Jesper

gaunty 12-29-2000 11:10 AM

do the one man show run, it is more fun.

Gauleiter 12-29-2000 01:28 PM

The one man run is hella fun: I'm doing Warrior -> Paladin -> Samurai -> Ninja -> Assassin.

It's working remarkably well, though I've had to turn down the monster difficulty & spawn rates. Doesn't matter much as far as Experience Points go, 'cause the guy is leveling up like every two minutes

sgtzack 09-09-2004 09:33 PM

maybe using all the key words on kreug then after you turn down joining the serpent cult kill him but id save right before killing him incase im wrong-i was wrong a few years ago i think but i might be wrong now!!!

aleph_null1 09-09-2004 11:32 PM

Please stop resurrecting these ancient threads, sgtzack!

Seeing what I wrote almost four years ago is just depressing :D