Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Top 5 music albums of all time? (off topic) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26452)

freudianslip 12-15-2000 05:03 PM

I thought it might be interesting to poll the forum and get an idea of the musical diversity we have represented amongst the forum goers. Please list your top 5 favorite albums (and up to THREE honorable mentions if desired.) Please don't list the same artist more than once, for variety's sake, and no "Best of", "Greatest Hits", etc. Here are mine, in order: (After much delibiration and difficult decision making)

The Beatles Revolver
Pink Floyd The Wall
Radiohead Ok Computer
Simon & Garfunkel Bridge over Troubled Water
R.E.M. Automatic for the People

Honorable mentions:
The Kinks The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society
The Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet
The Jefferson Airplane Crown of Creation

Thanks for your contributions!

Wyvern 12-15-2000 05:48 PM

Are you still online?

freudianslip 12-15-2000 06:34 PM

I am now. Why does noone answer my posts anymore? I feel I have the "Brand of Ill Omen" placed unceremoniously upon me. Hmm....

Lily the Ranger 12-16-2000 12:48 AM

It is hard to choose between five.

I am no going to totally ignore the rules since most of what I listen to is either soundtracks or best of.

1. Soundtrack from (hereafter stf) Beaches (Baby mine and the glory of love favorites)
2. STF Commitments (take me to the river and chain of fools)
3. STF Dream a Little Dream (MIA right now ) (love the song Rock on and also Rock your gypsy soul)
4. Gordon's Gold by Gordon Lightfoot (Bitter Green and If You Could Read My Mind Love)
5. Best of *dodges rotten apples and cabbages* the Nylons (Poison Ivy and The Lion Sleeps tonight)

HM
1. Six Pence None the Richer (Kiss me)
2. STF Immortal Beloved
3. STF Swing Kids

Okay, now I have missed my workout window so if that doesn't show I luv ya . . . nothing will!

Who can forget Staddler Bro "Counting Flowers on the Wall."

carg 12-16-2000 05:15 AM

Mr Slip,
you say toad village is for toads. Is that why I can't enter it? ("Cannot find server": do they mean Shinwiki?)

Yamatetsu 12-16-2000 06:50 AM

Just to please Mr. Slip here are my 5 alltime music albums:

1. Deep Purple - Deep Purple in Rock
2. Led Zeppelin - (no title - the one with Stairway to Heaven)
3. Metallica - S & M
4. Jaques Brel - Best of
5. Elton John - Yellow Brick Road.

Honorable mentions :
1. Pink Floyd - The Wall
2. Deep Purple - Made in Japan (Live)
3. Uriah Heep - Salesbury

Yamatetsu

freudianslip 12-16-2000 09:07 AM

Yuppers, it looks like the Archive is down.. not only down, but I can't get my email either.. AND my host's main web page looks to be down! Wow, I hope their office didn't explode or something. Eerie!
Say, will someone try to hit DDNS (my host) and see if they can get through?

and another thing.. This site no longer remembers my password. has this happened to anyone else?

freudianslip 12-16-2000 09:12 AM

Hmm.. the site appears to be back up. Strange goings-on.

Serath 12-16-2000 10:10 AM

Perhaps the Toad Warriors are unhappy again.

Serath

Serath 12-16-2000 10:11 AM

Hmmmmm, that tag didn't work.

Serath