Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I FINALLY DID IT!!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23832)

NewbietoRPGs 10-20-2004 08:06 PM

After two years of on and off play, a huge virus on my pc that caused be to have to get another pc (which caused me to have to borrow a saved game from NobleNick (Thank you so so much!!)), and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!! :D
I just had to let people know who actually care. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now I'm off to beat HOW!

[ 10-22-2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: NewbietoRPGs ]

Calagari 10-20-2004 08:09 PM

Congratulations! I give you a lot of credit for sticking it out and completing the game.

Quote:

Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
After two years of on and off play, a huge virus on my pc that caused be to have to get another pc (which caused me to have to borrow a saved game from NobleNick (Thank you so so much!!)), and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!! :D
I just had to let people know who actually care. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Now I'm off to beat HOW!

Aerich 10-21-2004 12:14 AM

Congrats! You must have thought it was worth it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

NobleNick 10-21-2004 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NewbietoRPGs:
After two years of on and off play... and having a baby....I FINALLY beat this game!! :D
<font color = mediumspringgreen>Congratulations NewbietoRPGs!! On your baby, I mean. That is the REAL accomplishment, here. When did this blessed event occur? Boy? Girl? Stats?

You are welcome. Congrats, too, on beating IWD.

Best wishes to you in HoW. Are you going to start a new IWD/HoW game with a new party, start a new HoW-only game with the party that made it through IWD, or use a save from just before IWD's "point of no return?" (The first and last methods allow you to carry your IWD gold and goodies into HoW.)

Really nice to see you back.

</font>--------------------<font color = mediumspringgreen>
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
</font>

Xen 10-21-2004 09:32 AM

Congrats!

Dancing Virginia 10-21-2004 10:03 AM

You managed to beat the game on the night that game seven of the Yankees/Red Sox series went down? Wow. You are much more disciplined than I am. Way to go.

Btw, GO RED SOX!

Calagari 10-21-2004 01:39 PM

I never watch sports myself. I would rather be on a computer than most anything else. Notice I said most anything else. There are distractions that make being away from the computer worthwhile. Sports to me is just not one of them.

Quote:

Originally posted by Dancing Virginia:
You managed to beat the game on the night that game seven of the Yankees/Red Sox series went down? Wow. You are much more disciplined than I am. Way to go.

Btw, GO RED SOX!

NewbietoRPGs 10-22-2004 11:34 AM

Well, thanks you all for the congrats. I actually beat the game earlier that day on Wednesday so I did get to watch most of the Red Sox game (GO SOX!). As for my little bundle of joy! He was born on August 13th. Yep, only my son would be born on Friday the 13th. He was 8 lbs. 6oz. 21" long. We named him Kyle Richard. If I can figure out how to make sure the picture isn't too big I'm going to post a picture for my sig.

Anywho, I started HOW from a saved game before the point of no return and am now happily wandering around Lonelywood.

I'm sure I'll be asking for more advice soon enough. ;)

[ 10-22-2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: NewbietoRPGs ]