Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Some lil help about demon knights (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16971)

Telepath 05-11-2006 10:33 PM

I am in need of assistance ;)

I want to kill the Demon Knights in the Kuo-Toa (sp?) dungeon in Underdark.

They are hard.

Very hard.

I die in like two, three rounds. It's not like I've got a crappy team, either... I've spent a good while playing to get here. Main character 2 million XP. Any tips?

The "prince" was eminently easy without any tricks.

The knights... well, I just die.

Kyrvias 05-12-2006 12:08 AM

What strategies do you employ? Buffing? Disabling magic? Damage Dealing magic?

Tell us your strategy, and we can critisize it and help you through this ordeal :D

Balintherlas 05-12-2006 12:26 AM

Your gonna wanna summon as many powerful monsters as u can, which is 5, cast negative plain protection on as many party member u can, then just cast the basic buff spells. After that, position your members who r the best fighters and keep your clerics and mages away from the battle. Thats prolly the best basic strategy and should work.

Xen 05-12-2006 06:55 AM

Well truth to be told, there is no summoning limit. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also I have another question: are these improved Demon Knights?

Anyway here's what you should try to do. BUFF!

Ston/Ironskins, PFMW, Free Action, Protection from Fire, Death Ward, Improved Haste ... anything that can protect you. Use it.

Then cast a lot of AoE spells (which preferably ignore MR) and use your tanks.

Armen 05-12-2006 08:37 AM

this might be too obvious but you are ganging up on them one at a time yes?

Telepath 05-12-2006 09:16 AM

Well. I'm trying to gang up on them one at a time. Problem is my party is dead before they get in position to all do damage to one knight.

I'm using bless, chant, aid, protection from evil, negative plane protection, haste, summon fire elemental, summon invisible stalker, summon aerial servant, etc... They appear, boom all my magic is gone, boom I'm dead.

Would using the slayer form of the MC be any help?

Telepath 05-12-2006 09:24 AM

Oh, I have another question. Are demon knights undead? Would they be damaged by False Dawn/Sunray?

What do you think about the idea to summon animals I, place one on altar but just before placing on altar, casting Insect Swarm on the other one? That way it's in effect when the knights arrive.

Telepath 05-12-2006 09:54 AM

Ok, I managed to do it. It took six hours playing time lol.

I cast so many protections on my party members by the time I was done the first ones had begun to dissipate...

All my party members (except Edwin? lol he usually goes first) got killed, and I had to turn my measly MC cleric into the slayer to finish off the last one...

Thanks for all the tips tho ;)

Xen 05-12-2006 11:21 AM

Why do you send Edwin into battle? I mean: he's a Mage. Well Conjurer to be more precise but that's not so important. What is important that you keep your spellcasters at the back of your party not in front. Let your tanks into the battle first - they're there to soak up the damage. Spellcasters should be at the back where there are safe and can easily cast spells without being interrupted. Also, cast your protective spells before a battle not during it if you can. You can move the portraits up and down. So if you put your Cleric's portrait on the end of the portrait line he will be the last one in the party for example. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-12-2006, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]

Telepath 05-12-2006 02:01 PM

Well, I didn't "send Edwin into battle". He was just the last one standing ;)

And it's often hard to keep him out of the way in battles.