Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A Wizard Slayer question (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13735)

Xen 08-17-2003 03:21 PM

I have a question. If a Wizard Slayer uses Sanchuudoku and if an enemy Mage is casting a spell,Acid Backslash will go off. And WS has cumulative spell faliure. So can Acid Backslash itself uses cumulative spell failure?

Gangrell 08-17-2003 03:24 PM

No, it is just a spell in itself but a Wizard Slayer would actually have to hit the target with the weapon to cause the added spell failure IIRC.

Xen 08-17-2003 03:26 PM

Yes I know he must hit the target. But Spell Disruption is his Special Ability and I tought that,that ability goes for Acid Backslash itself too.

Gangrell 08-17-2003 03:28 PM

That really is a perplexing question Xen, though I'm sure that the weapon itself has to have contact. But the cumulative acid backlash itself is enough to cause a spell disruption wouldn't you say?

Xen 08-17-2003 03:56 PM

Yes I know and I like it. Sure it causes Spell Disruption,I was sill wondering. For example if it does causes cumulative Spell Failure would be good. In case if the Wizard Slayer dies.

[ 08-17-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

Gangrell 08-17-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
In case if the Wizard Slayer dies.
Then that would be a bad thing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But when using the Acid Katana I would be careful when you use it around wizards. If they have Spell Deflection/Turning up, it'll come right back to you.

Xen 08-17-2003 04:03 PM

I know,i know. But there is Breach. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell 08-17-2003 04:06 PM

Yes of course, Breach, for the Wizard Slayer/Mage [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Something you spend your life learning to kill, you just become on of them yourself, weird :rolleyes:

Xen 08-17-2003 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gangrell:

Something you spend your life learning to kill, you just become on of them yourself, weird :rolleyes:

If one wishes to sucseed in his task,one must overcome his fears. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell 08-17-2003 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gangrell:

If one wishes to sucseed in his task,one must overcome his fears. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]If one wishes to make a point, one must know how to spell better... ;)