Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Shadow thieves, Bohdi, and Paladin question (SPOILERS, and some wanted too) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13718)

cav_again 08-16-2003 06:40 AM

SPOILERS

Can i side with Bohdi against the Shadow thieves, without having to worry about my reputation dropping and or losing my paladin status??

Or should I work my rep up as high as possible (20?), so if I do lose a few rep points, it wont be a problem?

I'm currently playing to games, one with a paladin (which I've already gone through the game with before), and the other with a thief. I want to do the missions as opposite as possible. Last time, I just ignored the guild war as much as possible, because I was a paladin, and didn't want to get caught up in it.

With my thief, I've decided I'm going to work with the Shadow Thieves. So, I'm willing to work with Bohdi with my Paladin, if that's possible.

BUT, THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS:
Will the payout (money, items and experience), be better with Bohdi, or the shadow thieves???

Tancred 08-16-2003 06:59 AM

Paladins can side with Bodhi if they wish: there's no REP drop if you do. After all, the Guild War is a secret, underground war, so almost no-one'll know if you're involved or not. Those who DO know - Shadow Thieves - will attack you on sight, naturally. The main danger comes from certain good NPCs who may leave the group if you continue along that path. And, of course, if you're roleplaying your character correctly you're unlikely to side with a Vampire...

I believe the payout in terms of cash and equipment is higher if you side with Bodhi, but you get more XP if you help the Shadow Thieves. Plus another useful bonus later on in the game, but I'll let you find that one out.

Xen 08-16-2003 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tancred:

I believe the payout in terms of cash and equipment is higher if you side with Bodhi, but you get more XP if you help the Shadow Thieves. Plus another useful bonus later on in the game, but I'll let you find that one out.

No. You pay the say amount of money.->15k GP`s.

pcgiant 08-16-2003 07:27 AM

I think Tancred was referring to the amount of money you get back from siding with Bodhi, not how much you had to pay to side with her.

[ 08-16-2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: pcgiant ]

Xen 08-16-2003 07:41 AM

Hmm. Now I`m confused. :confused:

Tancred?

[ 08-16-2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]

Lord Lothar 08-16-2003 02:24 PM

<font color=cadetblue>Paladins should NOT side with vampires. That's totally against their character. Some NPCs will leave the party. Keldorn is one, I don't remember if others do. ANd also...

SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
In Chapter 6, you have to kill Bodhi, so if you sided with the thieves, they'll help you fight her.</font>

Dadams1 08-16-2003 04:23 PM

Whoa, Keldorn leaves if you side with Bodhi??? When? I have him and I'm sided with her :D .

Gangrell 08-16-2003 04:26 PM

You must have EoU or Baldurash installed then.

Tancred 08-16-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:

Tancred?

?!? No, I'm not referring to EITHER... I'm merely saying there's more loot to steal/liberate if you side with Bodhi and complete her missions than there is if you fight alongside the Shadow Thieves and complete theirs.

pcgiant 08-16-2003 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tancred:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xen:

Tancred?

?!? No, I'm not referring to EITHER... I'm merely saying there's more loot to steal/liberate if you side with Bodhi and complete her missions than there is if you fight alongside the Shadow Thieves and complete theirs. </font>[/QUOTE]That is what I meant, sorry if I didn't make it clear.