Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What would be the hardest challenge (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13465)

Sythe 07-27-2003 07:02 AM

What if you were locked in a room big as a football stadium and had a choice to go against

Fifty Thousand Diseased Gibberlings

goblins orcs and ogres with numbers that reach over 2500/

Or 500 kobolds with flaming arrows?

Against 50 Vampires taht are not fledglings/

Or against 20 greater Mind Flayers? All of them spread out?

5 Draco Lilches

Oh yeah and you don't get to rest.

[ 07-27-2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Sythe ]

Xen 07-27-2003 07:06 AM

I would figh.... hmm probably Gibbies becuase they`re easy to kill and so on.
But for the challenge... Vampires!

Sir Exxon 07-27-2003 07:12 AM

<font color="gold">The Gibberlings are always easy to kill, no matter how many they are. Remember that everybody can't attack you at the same time, so it won't be any more difficult than to kill, say, 10 of them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT] As for challenge, the Dracoliches would be the worst, no doubt. The only creatures I can think of that would stand a chance against them, is maybe Living Wall and (ofcourse) the Tarrasque.</font>

[ 07-27-2003, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]

Jon Irenicus 07-27-2003 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sythe:
What if you were locked in a room big as a football stadium and had a choice to go against

Fifty Thousand Diseased Gibberlings

goblins orcs and ogres with numbers that reach over 2500/

Or 500 kobolds with flaming arrows?

Against 50 Vampires taht are not fledglings/

Or against 20 greater Mind Flayers? All of them spread out?

5 Draco Lilches

Oh yeah and you don't get to rest.

Do u get to choose ur class?

BaRoN NiGhT 07-27-2003 10:15 AM

<font color="cc0099">i think the hardest challenge is if your not able to rest.all the above enemies, could be detroyed by good tactical fighting, but what a about rest? if u don get to rest, ure abillities, would be higly decreased, thus making u hard to fight even when using a good tactic.

-----------------------

Assassin 07-27-2003 12:58 PM

Kobolds. Fear my Shield of Reflection. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hardest? Yes, probably the Dracoliches.

Dadams1 07-27-2003 01:02 PM

I think that the vamps would be the most difficult. Man do they piss me off! It's really a tie between them and the liches, though.

Gangrell 07-27-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">The Gibberlings are always easy to kill, no matter how many they are. Remember that everybody can't attack you at the same time, so it won't be any more difficult than to kill, say, 10 of them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT] As for challenge, the Dracoliches would be the worst, no doubt. The only creatures I can think of that would stand a chance against them, is maybe Living Wall and (ofcourse) the Tarrasque.</font>

It actually depends, a Great Wyrm Dragon has about as much power as the Tarrasque, except of the obvious regeneration abilities.

The hardest challenge would be the mind flayers, because Draco Liches can be beat down easily if you have Protection from Undead casted on you.

Assassin 07-27-2003 01:16 PM

Mind Flayers? Psshhawww... Fighter/Mage with Protection from Magical Weapons cast on it, with decent saves, can kill 'em all. Actually... Every challenge is actually pretty easy, just depending on what level/equipment you have.

Pirengle 07-27-2003 03:31 PM

This all depends on class, gear, scrolls/wands, etc. Ulitharids might prove tough for, say, a sorcerer, but a fighter with low saves vs. spells or even Lilarcor could give 'em hell. A high-level cleric could chunk all those vampires with Turn Undead.

And, for those of you who have played ToB all the way to the end, there are ways to exist without rest. ;)

Want something impossible to beat?

(SPOILERS)
(end-game spoilers)
(don't read unless you've finished the game)
(or you will get spoiled)

Do the Test of Fear going clockwise through the room with a monk. [img]smile.gif[/img]