Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gems? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13106)

Lovisa 06-16-2003 08:30 AM

I was wondering what u can do with all the gems in the game? Is there any use for 'em? I know u can use the ones that u can identify but what about the others?

Link 06-16-2003 08:39 AM

Nope there's not particular use for all the gems you find. But you can sell them! Some are worth a lot of money (such as Laeral's Tear Necklace, King's Tear). The only important gems are the Rogue Stone, and the Beljoril( because there's only one in the game), but you need to find out yourself what the importance of the rogue stone is ;)

[ 06-16-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Lovisa 06-16-2003 08:49 AM

Well I've got 2 Beljuril but one I have used for the Silver Horn and the Rouge Stone hmm...I've got 4 of 'em [img]tongue.gif[/img] But ok I'll save 'em for later in that case...Well now I'm gonna sell the ones and I bet I'm gonna get very much cash for 'em cause I've got like 3 of those bags full of 'em [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Zarr 06-16-2003 08:56 AM

Do you have TOB? Some of the more valueable gems can be used to upgrade items in it although you are able to find the gems needed in the actual TOB areas as well.

Jan 06-16-2003 09:15 AM

Spoiler!!

Found this in an old post:

Here's the gems you'll need for TOB:
5 star sapphires
2 rogue stones
1 diamond
2 kingstears
1 emerald

However you should be able to find all those gems in ToB

White Lancer 06-16-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Link:
The only important gems are the Rogue Stone, and the Beljoril( because there's only one in the game), but you need to find out yourself what the importance of the rogue stone is ;)
I'd just like to point out that there are actually two Beljuril's in SoA. One is in the chickens, and the other is in the Winspear Hills... not getting anymore specific than that.

Sir Exxon 06-16-2003 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lovisa:
Well I've got 2 Beljuril but one I have used for the Silver Horn and the Rouge Stone hmm...I've got 4 of 'em [img]tongue.gif[/img] But ok I'll save 'em for later in that case...Well now I'm gonna sell the ones and I bet I'm gonna get very much cash for 'em cause I've got like 3 of those bags full of 'em [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
<font color="gold">You'll only need one rogue stone. ;) </font>

spydar 06-16-2003 02:33 PM

what chickens where?????
gems are basically, with a few exceptions, just shinier treasure to be sold or kept at your discretion.

Sir Exxon 06-16-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by spydar:
what chickens where?????
<font color="gold">The next time you do the Umar Hills quest, talk to the guy close to the river in Imnesvale first. ;) </font>

Minchandre 06-16-2003 02:43 PM

And be polite. Even when he insults. And don't be sarcastic either...