Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Clay golem.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11662)

gurthang 02-13-2003 10:22 PM

Am I missing something? I can't figure out how to kill the clay golem in the vampire quest. I can kill the vampires, what's up with the golem.

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 02-13-2003 10:28 PM

Those pesky clay golems can only be damaged by blunt weapons. Might be just magic blunt weapons, I can't remember. So just find a +1 mace or club or staff or something. Which vampire quest are you referring to?

Desuma Malevois 02-13-2003 11:03 PM

It does require magic blunt weapons to hit. I believe he's talking about...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
where he's sent by Aran Linvail to Bodhi's nest in the graveyard.

gurthang 02-13-2003 11:39 PM

The Shadow Thieves vampire quest. I will try the blunt weapon tactic, though I think I sold them all.

Desuma Malevois 02-13-2003 11:50 PM

The cleric/druid spell "Shillelagh" will work, or you can use the mage spell "Enchanted Weapon", but it's a good idea to always keep a magic blunt weapon in reserve. Clay golems crop up quite often.

Annatar 02-14-2003 11:00 AM

You are not to kill that specific Clay Golem, because if you will .... it will ruin the plot/story

[add] so you can't (or you just lack the right equipment... ;) )

[ 02-14-2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]

Xero279 02-14-2003 01:04 PM

i think its just blunt weapons and spells that hurt them, i dont think they have to be magical. if you have jahiera in your party or Viciona make them keep a club/mace in their inventory for when that happens.

Sir Exxon 02-14-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xero279:
i think its just blunt weapons and spells that hurt them, i dont think they have to be magical. if you have jahiera in your party or Viciona make them keep a club/mace in their inventory for when that happens.
<font color="gold">Spells? Dude, Golems are created by Mages, and are known for their spell-immunities. A Clay Golem is 100% immune to magic, as well as other things.
A quick check with NI tells me that the only things that can hurt Clay Golems is fire, acid, magic fire, magic cold and crushing-weapons. ;) </font>

Desuma Malevois 02-14-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Annatar:
You are not to kill that specific Clay Golem, because if you will .... it will ruin the plot/story

[add] so you can't (or you just lack the right equipment... ;) )

What????!!!! He's talking about the one in the coffin room - there's no reason you can't kill that one except for lack of the right equipment.

gurthang 02-15-2003 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Desuma Malevois:
)[/qb]
What????!!!! He's talking about the one in the coffin room - there's no reason you can't kill that one except for lack of the right equipment.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Whew! I thought I had to go back and do over.