Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Quick Question (spoiler request) [ADD] Item Location Spoiler (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10548)

Buster_Wiz 11-21-2002 08:12 PM

Where in the heck do you find the staff of the magi? I have been looking all over the docks area, and I just simply cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE. Any help would be much appreciated.
P.S. Also where is the ring of free action? I am sick and tired of being stunned over and over and over again =)

[ 11-22-2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Lord Lothar 11-21-2002 08:15 PM

<font color="cadetblue">Spoiler
~
~
~
~

~
~
~
~
~
~
Firstly you need to be in the bridge district. Near the bottom part of the map there will e a building with two doors. One has a lich in it, the other is the Twisted Rune. You'll want a rogue stone to enter the twisted rune. Be prepared to face a lich, beholder, vampire, mage, and thief. The ring of free action is in spellhold.</font>

Angelousss 11-21-2002 08:25 PM

Just so you know it's one of the hardest battles in the game

Buster_Wiz 11-21-2002 08:55 PM

Ah, Thanks guys. I will try that out when I get home. Just curious, do you think a level 14 sorceror would be able to win this battle alone? I mean, I am very persistent (as was demonstrated in the planar sphere quest, but that is another story =))

True_Moose 11-21-2002 09:23 PM

Level 14? Doubtful...I beat it solo at level 18, with judicious use of Time Stop. ;) :D

Angelousss 11-21-2002 09:27 PM

level 14
i'd attempt it, with a scroll of protection from magic your safe from the lich, beholder and mage(can you cast spells w/ protection from magic on?)
I forget how high your weapons have to be. if you don't win the first couple of times go level

Lord Lothar 11-21-2002 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angelousss:
level 14
i'd attempt it, with a scroll of protection from magic your safe from the lich, beholder and mage(can you cast spells w/ protection from magic on?)
I forget how high your weapons have to be. if you don't win the first couple of times go level

<font color="cadetblue">Prot. from magic disables your spellcasting abilities.</font>

dragon_lord 11-21-2002 09:49 PM

With a party a level 14, yeah piece of cake. But a solo sorc at lvl 14, it would be quite tricky. Though long ago im sure i beat the twisted rune with a solo fighter/mage/thief at less then level 14. I beieve the Ring of Free action is somewhere in the Asylm Maze, although i cant remember if that is correct.

[ 11-21-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]

Alson 11-22-2002 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Buster_Wiz:
Ah, Thanks guys. I will try that out when I get home. Just curious, do you think a level 14 sorceror would be able to win this battle alone?
It depends on what you choose as your first level 7 spell.
Project Image? You won the battle before it even started. ;)
Something else? Well... Good luck, mate. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The Ring of Free Action is in the first level of Maze in Spellhold. There's a book on the floor - click on it to summon a monster, rinse and repeat until you fight the last monster (a Beholder or a Mind Flayer, can't rememeber). Then, click on it again to get the Ring of Free Action.

Oh, and welcome to Ironworks, Buster_Wiz! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

[ 11-22-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]

Sir Exxon 11-22-2002 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alson:
The Ring of Free Action is in the first level of Maze in Spellhold. There's a book on the floor - click on it to summon a monster, rinse and repeat until you fight the last monster (a Beholder or a Mind Flayer, can't rememeber). Then, click on it again to get the Ring of Free Action.

Oh, and welcome to Ironworks, Buster_Wiz! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

<font color="gold">IIRC, first comes a Kobold, then a Sword Spider, Umberhulk, Mind Flayer, and lastly a Beholder. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Welcome, indeed, Buster! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

[ 11-22-2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]