Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Edvin's 2nd quest? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58740)

Crey 11-07-2001 07:49 AM

Hi.

Could anyone please tell me how do I get those documents from Marcus that Edvin told me to bring? On some walkthrough I read that he would sell them, but when I try that, he won't. :( Do you need to be some special alignment or class or what?

Zbyszek 11-07-2001 07:55 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Crey:
Hi.

Could anyone please tell me how do I get those documents from Marcus that Edvin told me to bring? On some walkthrough I read that he would sell them, but when I try that, he won't. :( Do you need to be some special alignment or class or what?
<hr></blockquote>

I could buy it. Once I have pickpocketed it. If I remember well there was option to threaten him, but I dont know how would this end (I mean if this would cause general hostility and massacre). My reputation was between 12 and 15 maybe 16 if I remember well.

Crey 11-07-2001 08:00 AM

Thanks for reply, but... When I threaten him he just says something like "I have been threatened by better men than you". Refuses to sell and Nalia with her 35 pickpocket failes to steal. When I kill him my rep goes down by 5... would like to avoid that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mitro Jellywadder 11-07-2001 09:13 AM

Have your most powerful party member talk to him. If you have a fighter/ranger/paladin, etc. I had this happen a couple of times to me. It seems he isn't scared of the little people. :D

If that doesn't work. Charm him and then continuously pick his pocket until you get it.

Zbyszek 11-07-2001 09:19 AM

There are also potions of thievery and I hope that Jan or Yoshimo are not dead - take them for a moment [img]smile.gif[/img]

Morgeruat 11-07-2001 09:53 AM

My main char was a female paladin with a 20 chr (gotta love the nymph cloak and rose sword) and he WANTED to give it to me... should work with any female char with a high chr

Crey 11-08-2001 03:20 AM

Thanks to all who replied. [img]smile.gif[/img] He finally sold the documents, but not to my own chair (dwarven fighter). When I talked to him with Aerie he was very willing to sell them. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks again.

Nifft the Nimble 11-08-2001 12:29 PM

Wow I'm amazed. More thought went into that one little mission than I ever would have imagined. Once playing a Neutral Evil character I had Yoshimo talk to him and one of the options was:

"Excuse me, there's somthing on your neck." (Quickly and quietly break his neck.)

... which killed Marcus without lowering my party's reputation. There are so many ways to skin a fat merchant!

-- Nifft the Impressed