Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   palm freeware software (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86996)

Harkoliar 07-13-2003 05:46 AM

hey guys, i just got a palm [img]smile.gif[/img] and i wanna know where i can get a freeware pda viewer and some other software freeware goodies as well? can you give me the site? and what program for the pda viewer? thanks

Paladin2000 07-13-2003 12:02 PM

Here, check these links out:

PalmGear.com

Palm Gaming World

FreewarePalm

BTW, which model did you get? Tungsten-C? m515?

Harkoliar 07-14-2003 06:13 AM

nope it was given to me by my bro.. (its a hand-me-down) and its a 8mb grey scale palm. i actually dont use one of these, but since it was free :D ... might as well make the best of it [img]smile.gif[/img] . but i saw one of those latest palm tungsten and they are great. they already have camera integrated. but i might as well buy a 3 in one that has a cellphone, palm and camera integrated. my friend has a ericson model and its great. :D

Paladin2000 07-14-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Harkoliar:
nope it was given to me by my bro.. (its a hand-me-down) and its a 8mb grey scale palm. i actually dont use one of these, but since it was free :D ... might as well make the best of it [img]smile.gif[/img] . but i saw one of those latest palm tungsten and they are great. they already have camera integrated. but i might as well buy a 3 in one that has a cellphone, palm and camera integrated. my friend has a ericson model and its great. :D
Hmmm...sound like you got yourself a Palm Vx. I used to have one until it was stolen. I like the latest Tungsten series but I am sort of broke at the moment.

Some things you must take into consideration before installing 3rd party softwares:

1. OS version - Some software are only designed to run on particular OS versions.

2. Model - Not all softwares supports all Palm models.

Harkoliar 07-14-2003 09:55 PM

hey thanks for the tip paladin :D . those sites have been a great help. downloading some great software here but i still havent found the one i was looking for.. :( the one that can view pictures and read database.

Ryanamur 07-15-2003 10:34 AM

Quote:

hey guys, i just got a palm [img]smile.gif[/img] and i wanna know where i can get a freeware pda viewer and some other software freeware goodies as well? can you give me the site? and what program for the pda viewer? thanks
Check you private mail.

Also, I would suggest you check out newsgroups that deal with palm. You can download nice software, maps and ebooks on those.

Ryanamur 07-15-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

hey thanks for the tip paladin :D . those sites have been a great help. downloading some great software here but i still havent found the one i was looking for.. :( the one that can view pictures and read database.
You can try

smartlist to go or handabase

One thing: you'll find that pics and databases will load up your palm pretty fast.

I suggest getting Jackflash: that way you'll be able to save a few hundred Kb by putting programs in ROM.

[ 07-15-2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Ryanamur ]

Paladin2000 07-16-2003 12:23 AM

Quote:

I found one site with fantastic collections of palm werez softwares. If you like it, I could PM you the link.

Harkoliar 07-16-2003 03:47 AM

hey guys thank you so much.. unfortunately for me, my new aquired palm somehow disappeared when i was walking from my univeristy school towards the train station. talking about bad luck.. :( im so angry at myself now.. it must have fell off my jacket when i was walking. talk about bad luck. thank you for all the suggestion and i learned alot how to use the palm as well as so many juicy programs i can use it with. so right now im saving for one that has a color, camera and phone as well. (and add a special chain to prevent it to "disappear". well to look at the bright side, at least i wasnt the one that disappeared or my wallet... or my cellphone as well.