Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Serious Problem - Please Help (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36741)

Timber Loftis 04-03-2005 01:35 AM

I tried to start up my SoU campaign after months away. When I insert the disc or click the icon in windows, I get the small screen listing "play" "update" and other options as normal, along with the picture from HotU (which I have installed). However, when I click "Play" I get the following message:
Quote:

Access violation at address 6576654E
Read of address 6576654E
A reboot didn't fix this. What might be my problem?

I don't want to start over. If the only real solution is reinstall, then can someone tell me:
1. How to transfer my current savegame file so I can pick up where I left off; and
2. Where to find the current patches, so I can re-patch my game.

Drat and Dangit. And thanks for any help.

[ 04-13-2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]

T-D-C 04-03-2005 04:13 AM

Hey timber. Bad luck on that error.

Firstly can you update to 1.65 or are you already on that version.

Secondly you can back up your games from this folder

C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\saves (or where ever you installed NWN.

Thirdly you can update to the lastes patch using the update button or manually download it from here

Note if you have HoTu installed just download the Hotu patch if you have the originaly + SoU then download the SoU patch only.

Hope this helps.

robertthebard 04-03-2005 08:25 AM

If you have installed Hordes, are you using that disc? It seems like a stupid question, but I did that once, many moons ago, and it seems like it gave me a similar message. Another possibility, if you are running a windows system would be a registry error. On my xp system, if I don't run a program for a while, it gets confused, and doesn't know what to do.

Timber Loftis 04-04-2005 01:21 AM

I do have HotU installed, and it was properly patched as of 11/04. I'm at a loss here, folks? :dunno: :shrug:

It looks like a reinstall to me... dagnabit.

T-D-C 04-04-2005 01:29 AM

So can you see if you are using Version 1.65 ???

Timber Loftis 04-08-2005 01:11 PM

Version 1.62 it appears from the name of files in the folder. That shouldn't cause a complete game freeze should it?

Oh, well, I guess I'll reinstall IF I EVER GET TIME. *sigh*

If I just copy out the save games and wipe, reinstall, and then copy them back in, they should work shouldn't they?

Luvian 04-08-2005 03:31 PM

Close Webroot Spysweeper before starting NWN.

That was the problem for me. A conflict between NWN and Spysweeper for some reason. It's documented on one of those two website.

[ 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Timber Loftis 04-13-2005 01:12 PM

Luvian, you're a genius, man!!! thanks!!!! You know, it didn't make sense that a program would just suddenly go kaput. I turned off Spysweeper and presto!

Thanks so much. I'd kiss you, but it'd make things all weird between us. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]