Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Yoshimo WHY ????? **MAJOR SPOILER** (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59331)

Ed 11-26-2001 11:18 AM

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I have just beem stabbed in the back by that utter bestard known in some circles as yoshimo. Do I ever get the chance to get back all the stuff that was in his inventory? I suspect not because the gem bag he was carrying got transfered to my main character. Any help would be appreciated.

[Edited by Memnoch]

Tyronius 11-26-2001 11:23 AM

When does he do this? i havent gotten to this stage in the game yet so any help about how to not let him do this wold be great!

Ugaya 11-26-2001 11:53 AM

SPOILER
If our most favorite mole reveals his true aims in Spellhold you'll have to face him. No choice at all. Kill him and his inventory is yours again to plunder.

Another spoiler
But our mole is good deep within (somewhere), his treachery comes with a quest (check the dialogues) which is worth 200.000 XP.

LOL hiya Ed.... long time no see we have to meet up for the Lord of the Rings film :D

Yoshimo... never liked him...

Anyway...

Ronn_Bman 11-26-2001 05:38 PM

Seems there was a work around so you don't lose him. Maybe dropping him at the CC before going to Spellhold?

I hated to lose him, Imoen never lived up to his thieving abilities.

skier9205 11-26-2001 06:56 PM

1) Ed. Use a spoiler heading on stuff that people might not know happens.

2) Ugaya. His trecheries come with what quest? Not the one for Bloodscalp, right?

andrewas 11-26-2001 07:38 PM

he betrays you. it is unavoidable. if you leave him at home he dies when he next see you. there is no workaround. (minor hint. grab his swords/armour BEFORE he traitors). it was probably intended to leave room in your party for another important (and massivley, massivley underrated) character.

Memnoch 11-27-2001 01:55 AM

Ed, next time please use a spoiler tag to let people know that you are revealing a plot twist (and this one is just about the most major one in the game). I edited the title of your post to put the spoiler tag in.

To answer your question, you will get an opportunity to get your stuff back. ;)

Memnoch 11-27-2001 02:02 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by skier9205:

2) Ugaya. His trecheries come with what quest? Not the one for Bloodscalp, right?
<hr></blockquote>

MINOR SPOILER...........

I'll give you a hint. Yoshimo is a worshipper of the Crying God, Ilmater, who has a number of temples in Athkatla. The geas that bound him binds him beyond death, denying him eternal peace. Poor guy... ;)

Ed 11-27-2001 09:48 AM

Thanks guys, Sorry about the spoiler misshap It completely slipped my mind. I think I'll just re load the game coz i'm only a few mins further on, It just means I'll have to Sit through all the videos again. Nevermind. Is there anyone else I can use, because as you say Imoen is a bit pants......

I'll Give you a ring in a couple of weeks Avatar.