Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Snowboarding season soon!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82712)

Nanobyte 11-17-2002 03:58 AM

I.. er.. Zzzz.. [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img]
Just trying to get this in before I hit the sack (while tending to my stiff neck [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img] )

Anyways, I went to the Barnes&Noble bookstore earlier, um, yesterday with my parents. I had the intentions of finding a decent PCgamer magazine with some PC previews, but all they had were reviews, bleh. Anyways, I ended up starting back in my magazine habit: buy a new magazine whenever I visit the bookstore. It's the <u>Snowboarder</u> "Utah resort version." Who cares about Utah, I'm not going to fly across the country to go snowboard for a couple days.. Anyways, I started last year in Boone, so this makes it my second year. I'm gonna have to get these buns in shape because I'll be on 'em a whole lot ;)

Harkoliar 11-17-2002 04:49 AM

well since i live in a country that has no snow... i have pratically no experience except once when i was in the US... 1 day crash course in the beginers lane.. under 3 hours, i got fever, sunburned, and bruises all over... heck i didnt know you could get sunburn in snow... [img]smile.gif[/img] so im kinda grateful already i survived lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nanobyte 11-17-2002 10:37 AM

Oh, yea. I got burnt all across my face last year; it looked as if I had gone to the beach and sat beside a picket fence. The snow reflects the sun much like water, I think to an extent it magnifies the radiation.

Downunda 11-17-2002 01:31 PM

The second season I went boarding I had bought all my own gear but I couldn't afford goggles. My eyes got sunburnt and it was the most amount of pain I had ever been in! I couldn't blink without pain and all the cars on the trip home were a funny shade of purple :D I've never been up the hill without sunscreen and a decent pair of gogs since ;)

Jeffi0 11-17-2002 02:58 PM

I don't snowboard, but I've been skiing since I was two years old. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Triconan 11-17-2002 03:50 PM

I can't wait to hit the slopes. I'm working on a 360 this year ;) I can already 180 indy to a 50-50 grind. Oh well just a month to go till I head up to canada for some air. :D

Jeffi0 11-17-2002 04:43 PM

I've only done a 360 once. I pulled it off, but as I was finishing it I nearly decapitated this short guy who was near the jump. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't like doing tricks that much though because there is always a line up to start down the jump hill.

SirTristram 11-17-2002 07:57 PM

SNOWBOARDING! YAY!