Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Question -- My lips and insude of cheeks slightly numb. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84142)

Ziroc 02-10-2003 01:55 PM

This started a few days ago.. The inside of my mounth--lips and inside my cheek are slightly numb.. not tingling or anything. I run my tongue over my lips and it feels weird.

Haven't changed any habits, so I don't know what it is. Any ideas? There are no noticed signs or redness or anything inside cheek or lips.. Could a zit on your face--close to your lips--cause this?

It's kinda like I got some of that toothache pain killer liquid on my lips..

very odd. Help if you have had this, or know what it COULD be. ;)

Thanks!

Horatio 02-10-2003 02:00 PM

Talking too much on IW radio? :D

Hmm, I dunno. If you get really worried, a good idea would be the doctor's, i guess...

Ziroc 02-10-2003 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
Talking too much on IW radio? :D

Hmm, I dunno. If you get really worried, a good idea would be the doctor's, i guess...

[img]smile.gif[/img] naa.. If it doesn't go away, I may call the Doc, and ask if I should come in.. Just wanna see if anyone here has had this weird thing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Attalus 02-10-2003 02:04 PM

Ziroc, look in themirror to see if one pupil is bigger than the other. If it is, you might have Horner's Syndrome. Have you had a viral infection such as a cold, lately?

Chewbacca 02-10-2003 02:12 PM

Hey, I have a zit near my lower lip that caused this for a few days. I wouldn't worry unless it persists.

Arvon 02-10-2003 02:14 PM

Watch out for infections. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with one last summer. It was really a fun filled time of IVs and multiple surgeries.

Cloudbringer 02-10-2003 02:17 PM

I don't know for sure,Z. I think I'd see a doctor on that one!

Bardan the Slayer 02-10-2003 02:19 PM

Hmm ... is it restricted to one side? If it is, it could be Bell's Palsy.

Are you a migraine sufferer? That can cause numbness in the face.

Ziroc 02-10-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
Ziroc, look in themirror to see if one pupil is bigger than the other. If it is, you might have Horner's Syndrome. Have you had a viral infection such as a cold, lately?
Naa.. they look the same. I am gargling with listerine (sp)--the stuff that tastes like GASOLINE! :D :D . That crap should kill anything, but it hasn't.

Ziroc 02-10-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bardan the Slayer:
Hmm ... is it restricted to one side? If it is, it could be Bell's Palsy.

Are you a migraine sufferer? That can cause numbness in the face.

na.. lips would be...um, in the middle [img]smile.gif[/img] and it's like--in the cheeks but near the lips.. not the entire cheek(s)..