Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Most Annoying and Toughest Fights In BG2 Excluding Kangaxx,Irenicus,Bhodi and Dragons (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59096)

Grojlach 11-19-2001 07:29 AM

No one mentioned the Twisted Rune yet? That one gets my vote...

Galadria 11-19-2001 07:37 AM

How about the Underdark, when you've got TOB installed? Better Powergame, then! When the whole of Ust'Natha goes red, you'll be GLAD to have a 23'd Level Mage with two Dragon's Breath memorized and a 21st and 18th level Paladin, one with Carsomyr, the other with the Wave, then! You just walk through the city with the true eggs and kill 'em all. Then, when the Elven Sages ask you if you left them battered and bleeding, you can answer "yes", and have them say,"very true." Most satisfying moment in the game, to me, other than killing Bodhi. Viconia was impressed. ;)

Tarox 11-19-2001 07:49 PM

Mindflayers-when they suck your dam brains out
Gauths--before you have something to resist them they are tough little things

Anything that can insta kill a char...grr

Tokain 11-20-2001 03:17 AM

Most annoying critters are clay golems! Sure they might be weak but it's so annoying when everyone but Viconia is screaming "No effect!?" I also don't like stone golems, that stupid slow spell gets on my nerves. And admantium golems too... Come to think of it I hate all golems. With the exception of flesh golems.

Link 11-20-2001 03:57 AM

Mind Flayers aren't that hard if you wield the Psionic Blade. And if you don't attack a whole bunch of em, then you'll be fine..

Kingenigma 11-20-2001 06:33 AM

(Spoiler)

For Mencar Pebblecrusher - Summon Nymph, charm the thief and a fighter w/cursed berserking sword, and have the thief and the fighter attack Mencar while u attack the mage. Oh and don't forget to cast silence 15 rad, it will help. Mencar would kill the thief and fighter, if not just trash the thief first then the rest.

The mercenaries in the sewers - Insect plague worked well against the cleric and fighters but not mage. Mage is the hardest of them (I think), breach, dispel invis, dispel magic and possibly spell thrust and i also summoned a fiend. Try a nishruu for distracting mages/other chars, it woul;d help, if a bit.

ronan 11-20-2001 07:33 AM

Gauths on the far side of the bridge. DIE!!!!!!!

Mitro Jellywadder 11-20-2001 11:16 AM

I'd have to agree with Grojlach. The Twisted Rune is
by far the hardest battle, excluding the ones in the topic title. No where else in the game are there that many tough baddies all at once.

Nifft the Nimble 11-20-2001 12:08 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Witchdoctor:
One of the more frustrating groups of enemies (not counting dragons, Bohdi etc.) I faced was in the sewers below the temple district in Amn. That group of thieves and brigands at the top of the map[...] <hr></blockquote>

YES! Those guys are very hard. Not just because they're a well-balanced group, but because they're encountered so early in the game --- they were my first big encounter after escaping from Irenicus' dungeon, and they kicked my butt eight ways.
Now my party's always scouting & laying traps (thief & skull) before launching a barage of Cloudkills, Stinking Clouds, Webs and Fireballs, and then laying in with Greater Malison, Insect Swarm and various missile weapons.

Still it's never a trivial fight.

-- Nifft