Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Role-playing problem (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12322)

daan 03-30-2003 09:16 AM

My party consists of only good-aligned people ( created ) ...
I myself am a chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, and the leader of our group is currently a lawfull good Cavalier.

The problem is, that we have already aquired the needed amount of Gold
( 15 000 ) to begin the quests toward Imoen. However, I've already talked to Nalia and said to her that I'd be going to her keep in order to help her...

Do I forget about Nalia and go after Imoen, her being my sister and captured and all,.. or do I keep my word and travel to the keep ( losing valuable days )?

I cant decide :(

Nerull 03-30-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by daan:
My party consists of only good-aligned people ( created ) ...
I myself am a chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, and the leader of our group is currently a lawfull good Cavalier.

The problem is, that we have already aquired the needed amount of Gold
( 15 000 ) to begin the quests toward Imoen. However, I've already talked to Nalia and said to her that I'd be going to her keep in order to help her...

Do I forget about Nalia and go after Imoen, her being my sister and captured and all,.. or do I keep my word and travel to the keep ( losing valuable days )?

I cant decide :(

Do the Nalia's keep quest first, but then immediately head over to Spellhold (unless some of your other party member have quests pop up in the meantime). You might not want Imoen at the hands of the Cowled Wizards, but sometimes things come up along the way. Nalia's entire lands are being held hostage; that's a lot more people being harmed than just Imoen. As far as can be told, Imoen is safe, so help the people that are in immediate danger.

andrewas 03-30-2003 09:35 AM

Your leader is lawful good, so hes probably going to keep his word at whatever personal cost.

Alson 03-30-2003 09:42 AM

If the party leader was the Chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, letting Nalia wait and going to Spellhold would make sense...

Pfft! Promises are overrated anyway! Immie, hold your breath... here I come!

But since the party leader is a goody-two-shoes-stick-to-the-code-an'-all Cavalier... you should probably help Nalia, first, since no Paladin of his word would break a promise. You should feel guilty for it, of course.

By the way... am I the only one seeing the irony in "help me roleplay" threads?

Gangrell 03-30-2003 10:27 AM

Does it really matter? It's not like she'll say something different if you arrive late anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

daan 03-30-2003 11:05 AM

Am I the only one noticing you tend to go beyond the call of duty when answering posts Alson ? ;)
The reason I was asking was 'cause I was really hoping everybody would tell me to go to spellhold. Facing Improved Nalia's keep with Toughest Dungeon spawns and a party at +/- lvl 9 isnt going to be fun :(
Stupid Paladin, your chrisma is 17, you're supposed to be a good and sensible leader [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Alson 03-30-2003 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by daan:
Am I the only one noticing you tend to go beyond the call of duty when answering posts Alson ? ;)
You should meet me in person. :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or is it shouldn't?

Anyway - yes, I know, I have this habit. Sometimes it's for the best, and sometimes... well, not. Sorry if it sounded wrong - I meant no disrespect, really.

daan 03-30-2003 12:17 PM

Irony only sounds wrong to those who have no sense of humor IMHO :D

Gangrell 03-30-2003 12:54 PM

Are you saying I have no sense of humor? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

daan 03-30-2003 01:07 PM

Ehr .. " Look ! A kobold " *points in opposite direction and straps his boots of speed on extra tight*