Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Bird has landed (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92813)

Mack_Attack 01-26-2005 11:02 AM

Well as of january 24, 2005 at 1508 Hudson Daley was born. He came in at 8Lbs 6oz and was 20 and 7/8 inches long. Born with all fingers and toes. So far so good. He is eating well and going to the bathroom alot. ;) But not potty trained yet. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

The wife did very good with only about 2 hours of active labour. And she only had to have a little morphine to take the edge off. I think I had more. ;)

So being home the first night went good. We manged to get a little sleep. But he was up from about 12:00 to 3:00 last night then he slept for the rest of the night.

Well I should go and help mom out and get Sydney dressed. Sydney is doing very good and loves fussing over her new brother. :D

Xen 01-26-2005 11:09 AM

That's so sweet. [img]smile.gif[/img] Congrtulations man! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Ladyzekke 01-26-2005 11:12 AM

Contratulations Mack Attack! [img]smile.gif[/img] And Welcome to the World Hudson Daley [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 01-26-2005 11:15 AM

AWWWWW! How wonderful, Mac! WELCOME indeed, little Hudson! [img]graemlins/group2.gif[/img]

Jorath Calar 01-26-2005 12:59 PM

Cool name... sounds a bit like it could be a basketball team... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Congrats, and I wish him all the best in the future.

dplax 01-26-2005 01:00 PM

Congratulations! May you have at least one sleepful night each week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2005, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Mack_Attack 01-26-2005 01:02 PM

Thanks for the congrats. The nurse is about to come over and do the routine check up on mom and Hudson. So busy trying to get the house some what normal. ;)

Bungleau 01-26-2005 02:06 PM

Congrats again! Remember... if you do need to get that one night of sleep each week, trade off. Your wife takes all the kid calls one night, and you take 'em the next.

'Course, this falls apart if you *ahem* can't provide dinner... [img]smile.gif[/img] But it's the thought that counts, or so they tell me. ;)

Cloudbringer 01-26-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
Congrats again! Remember... if you do need to get that one night of sleep each week, trade off. Your wife takes all the kid calls one night, and you take 'em the next.

'Course, this falls apart if you *ahem* can't provide dinner... [img]smile.gif[/img] But it's the thought that counts, or so they tell me. ;)

HAHA! When friends of mine had their first (many years back) they did trade off and even though 'dad' couldn't do the feedings (til baby was several months old and moved to bottled formula), he DID get up and change the baby which allowed 'mom' to wake up slowly and not rush.

Ivelliis 01-26-2005 02:29 PM

Congratulations Mack! I wish little Hudson, you and your wife all the best!

Bungleau 01-26-2005 03:05 PM

When we did our tradeoffs, Cloudy, the lucky one of us slept in another part of the house...

Mack_Attack 01-26-2005 03:40 PM

Well thats what happens now. I wake up and change the diaper and then mom can wake up slower and get ready to feed him. Then I take him and try to get him to sleep. That is if he did not fall a sleep eating. And if he does not goto sleep me and Hudson go and watch late night T.V. Then when he is looking for food that is when we go and wake up mom. I feel this may be the routine until Mom gets fully mobile. I mean when you give birth you would not want to get up and start running around. After the wife feels better. I will try to get a little more sleep so someone can help Sydney out. I mean the T.V is doing a good job right now but it will come to point were I will have to do something with her. ;)

philip 01-26-2005 03:41 PM

Congratulations MacK!

Violet 01-26-2005 07:31 PM

Congrats to both you and Mom!

Megabot 01-26-2005 08:46 PM

SHEEEZZH Congrats Macky that is indeed wery good news man, and you got a boy this time wery nice work! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2005, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Arledrian 01-26-2005 08:49 PM

Awesome Mack, congrats. I like the name a lot, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

javan 01-27-2005 12:00 AM

Congradulations Sydney, on having a new brother. :D

When Mom and Dad have the time, tell them I said congratulations to them as well...

[ 01-28-2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: javan ]

Aelia Jusa 01-27-2005 12:34 AM

Congratulations! That's wonderful news and it's great to hear that Sydney loves her new brother so soon! LOL my brother, then 3, smacked me on the way home from the hospital. An inauspicious start, you might say ;)

RoSs_bg2_rox 01-27-2005 12:05 PM

Congratulations matey. Just make sure your baby takes preference over Warcraft! :D

Nah man, good stuff. Hope he lives a prosperous life.

Mack_Attack 01-27-2005 12:19 PM

Once again thank you everyone. Aelia that is to funny. We actually tried a little trick with Sydney. When she came to the hospital we had a gift bought from Hudson. And we told her that he went and bought her a gift. We heard this helps with the relationship at the start.

And Ross I actually took the game off a while back. Just no time for that. Maybe in acouple of years. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 01-27-2005 02:22 PM

awwww congrats Mack! where are the pics?

wellard 01-27-2005 04:40 PM

LOL I could not find this thread the other day.

Congratulations Mac_ attack. I wish you, your wife and Hudson Daley all the best.

[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Attalus 01-27-2005 06:24 PM

Congrats, Mack, and all the best to the one who did all the work, your wife. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aelia Jusa 01-28-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Cool name... sounds a bit like it could be a basketball team... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I thought it sounded a lot like a newspaper... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] :D Cute, of course! but well, yeah [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

That sounds like a great idea, Mack, having Hudson give Sydney a pressie to start them off together.

Aerich 01-28-2005 12:51 AM

Congrats to the Mack Attack family. Funny thing, Aelia, you thinking Hudson's name sounds like a newpaper. I think it sounds like a newsman. One of the local newscasters in my city, who has been on-air for at least 15 years, is named... Hudson Mack. *eerie noise in the background*

So where are the pics, huh? Don't try to say you haven't taken any yet. ;)

Mack_Attack 01-28-2005 04:10 PM

I will try to get some pics up today. Yeah we have a few. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And with the name. The father in-law wanted his middle name to be Bay So his name would be Hudson bay. And yes that is that big lake looking thing in Canada.