Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How idiotic is this point of view? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81172)

Iron_Ranger 09-09-2002 06:50 PM

I heard this on the news,

Some Arab country (it was either Eygpt or Saudi Arabi I cant remember witch) compaired George Bush to Saddam Hussien.

Come on people, you can dislike Bush all you want, I dont care that much, but to compair him to someone like Saddam Hussien is just plain wrong. There is a few things that pissed me off about this.

First off, someone drew a picture of Bush as a cowboy dragging a horse that had "Allies" branded on it. Ok, whats wrong with this picture, no human is caplbe of 'dragging' another human around, not unless they perment it. And its a act of major hypocracy (sp). Like alot of Arab countrys dont drag there own people around through hell on earth.

Secondly, they said Bush is as bad or worse then Saddam. Thats down right stupid to say. Yeah, Bush has murded his own family and poinsed his own family. Bunch of idiots.

Thirdly, that is related to the subject, but strays away a little bit, is that people that object to going into Iraq. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT SADDAM TO DO!? You want proof? There is proof, his own (former) bomb makers said he is dangerously close to developing a nuclear bomb. Yeah ok, we will wait untill he uses a nuke and then drag our dead asses into Iraq to stop him.

Some people.

AzureWolf 09-09-2002 06:58 PM

Oh yeah! Lets bomb them all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Iron_Ranger 09-09-2002 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Oh yeah! Lets bomb them all [img]smile.gif[/img]
I dont beileve I mentioned anything like that in my post. I could double check but I am prettu sure.

johnny 09-09-2002 07:07 PM

Well, they should flatten the place anyway.

skywalker 09-09-2002 07:13 PM

It all depends on which side of the fence (or issue) you sit. Where did you see the story. Was it ABC, CNN or something like that.

I would not be surprised if a large number of people in the World hate George Bush. How many hated Bill Clinton?

When you are President of the US you tend to wear a "kick me" sign...it goes with the job, y'know?

Have you ever understood editorial cartoons?

It has been said that the President has the ability to lead the World, but as the cartoon you mentioned, it shows that Bush is trying to drag the rest of the World in a certain direction instead of leading them.

What you speak of is pure freedom of speech. There is not much wrong with it. To have everyone in the USA follow and agree with the government would be closer to Dictatorship. It is because different views are allowed here that make this country so great.

Mark
You need to put it all in perspective.

John D Harris 09-09-2002 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Well, they should flatten the place anyway.
Well johnny, sit back and watch, and don't forget to bring some marshmellows and a long stick to roast them over the fire :D

Iron_Ranger 09-09-2002 07:25 PM

You misunderstood my post Skywalker. I am not saying that you have to follow Bush, as I said, like him or hate him I dont care.

But some points of view, like this one, are just plan idiotic.

You are right, being president you are wearing a big bulls eye sign on you, I have always said that. As for the world liking Cliton and not Bush, well, I dont know thats 100% true, it might be, but you cant take a poll on the entire world.

But, what I think, is the reason alot of people dislike Bush is because of his straight up attitude. He says what he means, and to put it frank, hes a conservative in a liberal world. Of course they will dislike him.

Where as Cliton on the other hand, hugged everyone and loved everyone and sent them stuffed bunnys and flowers (Figure of speech). People that suck up to you your going to favor.

Leonis 09-09-2002 07:43 PM

Salman Rushdie makes a few interesting points about why it may not be the best idea to bomb the crap out of the place...
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...115997448.html

johnny 09-09-2002 07:48 PM

A united Islamic force ????? BIG DEAL.

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 09-09-2002 08:21 PM

yeah bush is in a really sticky situation here, he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. either iraq has chemical and possibly nuclear weapons, or we have a new wave of terrorism to deal with, neither one seems promising, thats why im going to move to canada ;)