Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Finishing Touches (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8711)

SpiritWarrior 07-17-2002 04:04 PM

Ok just finished BG2 and yeah, it was pretty cool but I can't help wondering what I missed as i'm sure I did miss some quests/adventures....you see the reason i'm wondering is because my wizard never quite got to level 9 where she could cast 'Time Stop' and all that, at will (do u realize how much I wanted that spell?) rather than from scrolls so i'm guessing I missed XP opportunities. I know for sure that I missed the sahaugin city as I took the portal from Spellhold rather than Saemons offer to ship.
Really I thought I was pretty meticulous in pursuing quests and stuff, there was nothing left in my 'Quests' journal as everything I had *HEARD* about had been done - save 'finding a caretaker' for some girl (anyone?).
Oh also, those two forests that appear on the map later on in the game - whats the deal with em? I did explore em but there was nothing of real interest there and i wonder are there other adventure hooks related to these two places (i think they are north forest and sharp tooth pass or something), its weird to me because these are the only two areas in the game that do not fit in with some kind of storyline, they simply, appear like the areas did in BG1. Anyways it got me wondering.

Kaltia 07-17-2002 04:10 PM

Actually, unless you abuse CLUAconsole of the Galvena xp cheat, you can't cast lvl 9 spells in SOA.

Chocolate Man 07-17-2002 04:18 PM

Spoiler
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
If the girl you are talking about is with the priest of Lathander in the graveyard, go talk to the paladin on the other side of the graveyard. If you speak nicely to him you can get him to agree to take care of the girl. You then need to follow the paladin back to the girl where you get your XP reward.

SixOfSpades 07-17-2002 07:03 PM

True-- the EXP cap for SoA stops Mages just short of being able to cast 9th level spells. You want power, buy ToB.

Chocolate Man is right on the money with the "little girl" quest.

I don't like the North Forest or Sharp Tooth Pass either, especially the fact that you can't go there until Chapter 6. I suppose the designers originally had some plan for them, but they were rushed to get BG2 out the door and didn't get everything finished. There's a long lists of buggy quests, quests that never really got fleshed out in the game, and quests that were never even implemented in the game at all.

SecretMaster 07-17-2002 07:24 PM

THe 2 forests are just for some XP, and fun. I never got to do a lotta quest my first time round either. I missed out on the Demi Lich, Twisted Rune.

Willard 07-17-2002 08:12 PM

Also why when you enter the 'North Woods' or something like that a vampire approaches you and says aomthing, but I couldn't find any other vamps on the map. Just some wyverns, djinnis and efreetis, yuan-ti, moose, and a party of dudes.

Sir Exxon 07-18-2002 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Willard:
Also why when you enter the 'North Woods' or something like that a vampire approaches you and says aomthing, but I couldn't find any other vamps on the map. Just some wyverns, djinnis and efreetis, yuan-ti, moose, and a party of dudes.
<font color="gold">There are two vamps in the North Forest, both located at the grave longest up north. They are only there at night, though. ;) </font>

Maxamus 07-18-2002 08:59 AM

Good time to add a mod there huh

Fresh land is always good