Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mr Saddam, you have mail! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82172)

Rokenn 10-28-2002 04:03 PM

This is too funny:
From wired news-

Dear Saddam, How Can I Help? (U.S. vs. Them 2:00 a.m. PDT)
http://go.hotwired.com/news/conflict....html/wn_ascii

People from all over the world -- including the United States -- e-
mail Saddam Hussein with advice on how Iraq can defeat America in a
war, offer moral support and even broker business deals. By Brian
McWilliams.

Horatio 10-28-2002 04:09 PM

Heh...unbelievable.

Timber Loftis 10-28-2002 04:18 PM

Also likely undeliverable, if all those messages are still hanging around cluttering the in box.

Nevertheless, this clues us in to two sad facts:
1. The Iraqi leader is probably well-removed from world opinion and doesn't understand how he is in disfavor and in danger well enough to cooperate properly.
2. Americans are always and forever rather oblivious, as a group, as to how disliked their government is around the world.
:(

Iron_Ranger 10-28-2002 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

2. Americans are always and forever rather oblivious, as a group, as to how disliked their government is around the world.

Nah I dont think thats true. Anyone that watches the news will see that people hate America. Its just, I for one, dont give a crap.

Djinn Raffo 10-28-2002 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Nah I dont think thats true. Anyone that watches the news will see that people hate America. Its just, I for one, dont give a crap.</font>[/QUOTE]That could be a further cause for the dislike to continue and/or grow.

Horatio 10-28-2002 04:42 PM

It is very true that most Americans don't give a rat's tail about the opinions of the outside world. On the one hand, this may make the yanks seem totally arrogant. But on the other, it gives them a distinct advantage, as they can basically act without global peer-pressure.

Iron_Ranger 10-28-2002 04:43 PM

I was expecting a reply like that. And its useless. Maybe its a small,small,small fraction of the problem. But dont you think we should start where you real problem is? Like you know, trying to stop fanatical Muslims from running planes into buildings?

250 10-28-2002 04:53 PM

not so much sex in TV, (more Hiyazaki :D )

I am sure the american government can use the money they are ready to throw into war now on somewhere else.

I've never felt the sufferings of people who live at a waring place, even the Sep 11 was a remote event. but come to think of it, why cannot people live in peace? many things are at stack, and when it goes to war, so many can suffer. dont tell me this is the suffering to end all sufferings. think of Ashitaka's (bear with me) sincere cry "why cannot the humans and the forest live in peace!"

if there is a war, everyone lose something. and at the end people learn war should and could never have happened at the first place. it is true that evil people die, (not saying iraq is evil) but so does innocent people. what about the families who cry for their loses?

Iron_Ranger 10-28-2002 04:56 PM

Take this for example:

Say you have the nicest house on your block. And everyone else doesnt like you for it. Do you care? No you dont. If that turns to violence, are you to blame? No your not. Why should you be held responable for something that you have? We could get into a big debate over how we got it, but whats done is done, you cant change the past. You can only try to do whats best for the present and furture.

250 10-28-2002 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Take this for example:

Say you have the nicest house on your block. And everyone else doesnt like you for it. Do you care? No you dont. If that turns to violence, are you to blame? No your not. Why should you be held responable for something that you have?

I know that, who doesn't?

you take it as if it is the most simple truth. but why? why don't people care? and why the people who dislike others? why the short sightedness? when I think of the needless suffering for someone else's flaws, I shake my head. it is for the bystanders, innocents caught in the bloodshed.

and I suppose someone would tell me this is the fact of life, that people should live with it. it is true, it is. thus this helplessness and rage is the source of sorrow.

[ 10-28-2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]