Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HotU - 2 problems (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36690)

Randra 02-14-2005 10:30 PM

Problem 1: I am waiting for the final battle with the Valsherees (sp). I've deployed the troops and clerics and have been sitting here for 20 min. waiting. I can't move or do anything else. What am I missing to get this battle going??

Problem 2: I am running a Rogue level 23 and while waiting for the battle to get going, I just happened to look at my character sheet. My Dex is showing to be a 3. Um...what? My Dex WAS a 23 or something like that. I removed everything to see if I was wearing something funky that screwed up my Dex, but I'm not. I also used a Greater Restoration scroll to see if the problem was of a magical nature. It isn't.

I'm very confused as to what's going on.

Hopeless Necromantic 02-14-2005 11:15 PM

1. If the Wisp is near you, try talking to it. I had that problem as well, and had to start the battle using the dialogue option.

2. It's just the script used to keep you in place. I also wondered why they would use that function when there are others that don't reduce stats and are less confusing for the player.

[ 02-14-2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Hopeless Necromantic ]

Larry_OHF 02-15-2005 02:03 PM

<font color=skyblue>Welcome to IW, Randra! My best friend plays Bass guitar, like you mention in your bio. I am the drummer. Glad to have you onboard with us here!

I take it that the Hopless Necro has answered your question sufficiently...</font>

Randra 02-19-2005 11:12 AM

Well, the wisp was too far away for me to talk to. It kept saying 'that object is too far away...' blah blah.

I finally just had to use the debug mode to teleport close by so I could get the battle going.

Sadly, it looks like I'm going to have to start the entire game over because at the end of the battle, after I'm in the throne room, during the auto save the game completely freezes and shuts down. When I restart, the game it tried to save is corrupt and I have to play up to that point again.

Which...it just happens again anyway. And I am a terrible saver, so I don't have Chapter 1 saved. So...I'll be starting over :\ *bad Randra, bad bad!*

I really like playing so that's ok I guess...was kinda looking forward to moving on.

And hooray for bassists and drummers! We are elusive creatures ;) (where I live anyway)

Betelgeuse 02-19-2005 12:35 PM

i had that happen the other day except that it was during a quick save. my autosave wasn't terribly far back. its been the only crash i've had. and this is in hotu. no crashes all through oc or sou