Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   tough fight (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19760)

tower 03-09-2003 09:43 AM

I am having big pronlems with TorGal fight; i got Tactics mod and the fight is extremely tough; 5 spirit trolls continualy attack me(draining my stats-temp) TorGal tears my characters 2 pieces (15-20 dmg; i think 3and 1/2 attacks per round; if he critical strikes he instantly kills ANY of my characters), and the Yuan-Ti mages. I don't want to uninstall the mod, so pls help!!!

Rataxes 03-09-2003 10:05 AM

For starters, you can very easily separate Tor'Gal from the remaining trolls and mages by going in invisible. Tor'Gal will "smell" you and attack, while the others wont lift a finger.

Now, for more detailed advice it would help if you gave some more info about your two characters, such as levels, classes, items etc etc.

Xen 03-09-2003 10:11 AM

thsi is how i beat him with a Solo Sorcerer.
I summoned Skeleton Warriors(15-20 of them) and i sent them in.When they killwed Spirit Trolls&Co only Togal left.I Gliterdustt him adn he soon died
Xen

Cristian 03-09-2003 11:55 AM

how the hell can you summon 15-20??? isnt hte max limit 5-6?

Alson 03-09-2003 11:59 AM

Using the allmighty Project Image or the ever-cheesy Simulacrum, one can bend many rules - summoning limit being one of them. ;)

Seraph 03-09-2003 01:24 PM

I've found that a bunch of webs or entangle then a bunch of area effect (cloudkill, fireball, etc) spells makes this fight very easy. By the time the webs wear off you can mop up anyone thats left without much of a problem.

Gangrell 03-09-2003 02:11 PM

I found the absolute best way to take down the big ugly dude. Throw up as many spell protections on your characters that you can or spells that'll give you ability bonuses. teh, I used Vinconia and the best thing you can do for yourself is boost her to 14th level so she can gain the Fire Storm cleric spell. This hurts them tremendusly, and if you've thrown up your spell protections (Resist Fire/Cold, etc.,) then it should barely hurt you. Then cast a couple of Fireballs here and there and most of his hoard will go down, then just fight Torgal head on. This is the easiest way I've found to beat him so far.

Later

andrewas 03-09-2003 03:08 PM

I remember that fight. My solo sorc (insane/tactics/ascension) had a little trouble with it.

Web+Spider Spawn (Phase spiders as I recall) plus closing the door got rid of the spirt trolls and yuan ti mages. Took to or three goes though. I rested for more spells, but in the end it wasnt neccesary.

now, torgal himself is still a pain in the arse.

Doom
Slow
Web
Spider Spawn.

Now hes a dead pain in the arse.

daan 03-09-2003 03:44 PM

LoL,.. very impressive indeed !
You managed to convince a god to give you a cleric's spell ..
I guess someones'been visiting church every sunday :D

andrewas 03-10-2003 02:52 PM

Ahem. Yes. well...

OK, I screwed up. I rememeber thinking how bloody useful Doom would have been, seeing as how Torgals saves are not half bad and unless you can slow him you cant get him webbed enough to give the spiders a chance. Plus his rgeneration is a little on the high side without slowing.

But Doom is a divine spell, and thus beyond my sorcs capabilities.