Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Warrior (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31824)

Rane 09-26-2002 03:18 AM

I have another question being new to the game..
when first becoming a warrior it tells me to kill 20 things by my self however, i dont know how to use one person, by myself!! Can ne one give me a hand... again.

Thnks ppl's

Radek 09-26-2002 04:09 AM

This is the Barbarian promotion quest. The warrior need not go alone (of course, he can). Check the "Kills" statistics of your warrior at the beginning of the quest then go hunting. When the statistics increases by 20 then the quest is complete. In the other words, your warrior must score 20 kills but it does not matter who helped him in beating monsters.

Packrat 09-26-2002 04:31 AM

If your warrior is tuff enough to go 'Solo, you can leave the others at the Inn.... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] ....Just select them (one at a time) and click on 'Remove character', below the character...on the upper left.... :D

LiOnHe@rT 09-26-2002 04:49 AM

and playing solo with only ONE character is DIFFICULT ya know??? better be careful, and if u think tt u r qualified, then be CAUTIOUS...... ;)

WillowIX 09-26-2002 06:36 AM

It´s a different thing to play a solo game than to have your warrior roam the country side for opponents (barbarian quest) Lionhe@rt. You end up fighting worgurs and bats most of the time. No problems if you have completed the crypt. Piranhas can be more difficult sonce they often come in packs of 20... So choose your opponents well Rane. [img]smile.gif[/img]

KAR_MOD1 09-26-2002 09:49 AM

also, double click on the character and goto one of the options and it will give you info about how many kills your character has. Then it is easier to tell when you get the 20 kills, or you can just count it in your head.. i forgot the name of the section that displays that info, it also displays assists of kills; stamina, parry, and speed adjustments. my memory escapes yet again, [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] perhaps its on the stat screen, along w/ the strength, willpower, intelligence, fortitude, etc.

[ 09-26-2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]

Bungleau 09-26-2002 09:55 AM

One thing no one has mentioned... what constitutes a kill? A kill is when you strike the final killing blow; anything else is an assist. So if you're going out there in your party, just make sure that the wannabe barbarian does the final blow. When the hit meter gets into the red, everyone else takes a break.

What I also do is to make note of my number of kills when I accept the quest. That number has to go up by 20.

Also, rats, cockroaches, glowflies, and other native life count as kills -- they don't have to be just monsters.