Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Say it isn't so..Baldurs Gate II-The Collection (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94733)

Qiote 01-14-2006 07:07 AM

Just got BG II, The Collection. (Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal). The box contained 6 discs, and NO instruction book. NO paperwork of anykind. Did this game ship without the instruction book? The game was bought on Amazon, and was sealed with all the required stuff.....so, I figure it's not some sort of bootleg.

From all I have read, the instruction books were big, and very necessary. Even rpg veterans were glad to have them. What now....thanks

philip 01-14-2006 08:42 AM

Probably the manual is on the CD as pdf. I have the same version for both BG1 and BG2 and IIRC they were on the cd.

Larry_OHF 01-14-2006 10:02 AM

<font color=skyblue>I looked up the box set you bought on Amazon.com and read the buyer postings to see if anyone complained. I found one guy who said,

Quote:

I remember being disappointed when I originally opened the package to find only the disks and an advertisement for Dark Alliance.
<font color=skyblue>
So remember to read what people say about stuff you buy online and there won't be too many surprises.

With another search...this time with NWN, Diamond edition a guy says this:
</font>
Quote:

The DVD of the Diamond Edition didn't come in a jewel case, and there is no hardcopy of the game manual (it is a PDF file on the DVD).
</font>

Albromor 01-14-2006 10:50 AM

I have found that *any* collection series rarely has any instruction book with it. It was the same with the Command & Conquer. Like philip said, the manuals were on the CD.

philip 01-14-2006 11:03 AM

I noticed it's not only the collection series. A lot of games I got lately didn't have a paper manual. Shame cause it reads better. I don't read them very often though.

robertthebard 01-14-2006 12:11 PM

It's easier, and cheaper, to put the manual on the discs. I'd search them for a PDF file.

Kyrvias 01-14-2006 10:33 PM

Either way, I honestly prefer the manual. Seems more... concrete.

Desuma Malevois 01-14-2006 10:55 PM

To be honest, I don't think you're missing much. The manuals were so full of errors it was rediculous. IMHO you are better off doing the tutorials and asking about anything that you don't understand on IW's BG/BG2 forums.

Kyrvias 01-15-2006 02:26 AM

Good point. such as Constitution effecting chances of being Ressurected.

philip 01-15-2006 04:41 AM

You don't need to read the manual. I had finished the game before I looked in it. Don't know if you play D&D but at that time I found it pretty hard to understand as a non-player. Nowadays it all makes sense though