Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Am i the only one i just hate Minsc? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48688)

Jerome 12-12-2000 12:23 AM

OY! LEAVE OFF JAN AND MINSC!

now look what you made me do! i was going for weeks without caps-lock and then this happened (sigh)

Minsc is the one person i would rely on throught the game, stronger than most other NPC's, funny and has a wide range of proficiencies to suit different tactics.

Jan is best! a average mage and an exceptional theif with wit that would cut steel! Some of his stories had me nearly falling off my seat! (especially the one about the drunk god!)

But thats just me..... anyone else hate Cernd?

Magness 12-12-2000 12:38 AM

I agree about Jan Jansen. If you don't want to give XP to that @#@& Yoshimo, Jan is strong in the 2 most critical thieving skills, Open Locks and Find Traps. He also makes a useful secondary mage.

Memnoch 12-12-2000 01:56 AM

Melusine, don't drool. It's unseemly

I actually prefer Minsc with the Vorpal Blade as opposed to Keldorn with the HA. The HA is a LITTLE overrated in my opinion, in this game anyway. Celestial Fury and Crom Faeyr are much better and make more of an impact.

Armisael 12-12-2000 02:05 AM

Yes, I have trouble seeing why everyone makes such a big deal about the holy avenger as well.

MidNightForce 12-12-2000 04:31 AM

The problem is the vorpal blade or chrom fayr are quite late in the game avaible. And celestial fury is reserved for my main char. Holy Avenger i got quite soon in the game, i think chapter 2 or 3. Of course i used the lame deadly clowds strategy to defeat firkraag. And it makes fun to use it against mages with Keldorn.
To melusine: can you speak german?
Unfortunately I dont know how to export sound files from the game. I can send you some wav files from the BG2 directory for the main character, but they are also not playable with normal programs. Only if you import them into Bg2 and play them when making a new char could be a possibility...

Melusine 12-12-2000 05:54 AM

MidNightForce: Yes I do speak, read and understand German. Maybe you could just scribble down some of the quotes, without actually having to send me soundfiles, that would make me happy as well. I read in another thread that some chars speak Schwäbisch dialect! Please don't forget about this I really would like to read some quotes.

Memnoch: ~mops up drool with guilty look in big innocent eyes~ oh I forgot, those don't work on you do they!

MidNightForce 12-12-2000 08:02 AM

For Melusine:
ok, it took a little bit time, but here it is:
Some texts from our loved Minsc, when click on him or doing nothing:
Ihr zeigt mir, wohin, und ich schlage zu! = You show me where, and i will attack!
Schwerter statt Wörter! = Swords instead words!
Minsk und Boo, allzeit bereit! = Minsc and Boo, always ready!
Jeder Hamster hat mal seinen grossen Tag. = Every hamster has once his big day.
Bewaffnet, Verstand geschärft, bereit loszuschlagen! = Armed, Mind clean, ready to attack!
Boo wird unruhig. Er braucht Bewegung, oder er wird uns alle an ziemlich exotischen Stellen beissen. = Boo is getting nervous. He needs to move, or else he will bite us all on quite exotic places.
Stürzt dich in mein Schwert, Böses, solange du noch kannst! Denn Minsk wird dir keinen solch einfachen Tod gönnen! = Throw yourself in my sword, evil, until youre able to! Because Minsc wont let you die such an easy death!
Siehst du die Schlacht, Boo? Lauf, Boo! Lauf! = Do you see the fight, boo? Run, boo! Run!
Sorry if i translated something bad.

Memnoch 12-12-2000 08:26 AM

Melusine: if your voice is ambrosia, and your name is Melusine, I won't even get to your eyes, babe!!!!!

Crom Faeyr you can get as early as Chap 2 if you really go for all the parts. Vorpal does come late in the game. But Holy Avenger is so overrated IMO, i didn't find it that much better than other weapons, Korgan wielding Crom Faeyr and me wielding Celestial did way more damage and had more impact. It's a good sword but not as good as a 15% chance of outright kill at -2 save with Vorpal.

Armisael 12-12-2000 08:29 AM

Don't you need the girdle of frost giant strength to assemble the Crom Faeyr?

Hoggar 12-12-2000 08:31 AM

How do you get it in the second chapter? I thought you needed the girdle or something from Kuo-Toa dungeon in Underdark. How do you go there in chap 2? (Never got the thing assembled myself)