Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Talk about music. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91523)

Gxc 09-05-2004 11:20 PM

So i think this is the right place for this topic tell me if it isnt please and im sorry if it isnt..
But i was just wondering what kind of music some of youz guyz listen to.?
and maybe we can have a talk about music..

Lady Blue03 09-05-2004 11:29 PM

<font color=pink>I like punk, metal, hardcore, classical, jazz...some kinds of R&B...I just don't like rap and country and oldies ick like that.

I'm a musician as well, been playing saxaphone for a decade now, I'm open to any music type discussion [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

LordKathen 09-05-2004 11:30 PM

<font color=lime>Sure, we can talk about that here.
I like rock the most. I have been playing guitar for around 15 years, and have played in several "garage" bands, and one fairly serious band. All music was original.
I do like all types of music though. As a matter of fact, I just ran to the store and was listening to Irish folk, on our local NPR station.
Good stuff!

Glad to see you sticking around BTW!

Anyway, what do you like?

EDIT: Spelling... :rolleyes:
</font>

[ 09-05-2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]

Gxc 09-05-2004 11:36 PM

well i forgot to mention what i like.. i listen to hardcore and some indie. I play drums and have been for only a bit over a year now..

T-D-C 09-06-2004 12:29 AM

I like Punk, rock and Ska Music. Play the sax (not very well but passable)

Some of my favourate bands are Greenday, NoFX, Blink-182, Cherry Popin Daddys, Pennywise etc.

Cheers! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

aleph_null1 09-06-2004 02:01 AM

I listen to jazz -- almost all, up to the strange modern...

I play single & double reeds, mostly in classical & chamber settings, but when I can I like to play reeds in jazz groups as well.

SecretMaster 09-06-2004 02:09 AM

Classic Rock, some new stuff, and that is about it. My two favorite bands are System of a Down and Pink Floyd.
That's about it for me...

Gangrell 09-06-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LordKathen:
<font color=lime>Sure, we can talk about that here.
I like rock the most. I have been playing guitar for around 15 years</font>

You'll have to teach me sometime Lord K :D

I like and usually listen to heavy metal, alternative, and rap metal rock and roll. I used to listen to classical a lot, but I just grew out of it.

As for country and rap, no way [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Firim Silraven 09-06-2004 07:18 AM

Ooh, my favourite subject!

I'm into loads of music, anything except dance, very heavy metal and hip-hop. Right now I'm listening to Cheap Trick. But then I've got Cds next to me by Brad Paisley, U2, Eddie Cochran, Jewel and Shakira. I won't even start with my full collection upstairs because it's just too varied and I can't remember all of them!

I'm a musician myself as well, been playing guitar for almost 9 years and singing for 4, and I wrote my first song at 5 or 6. And I still remember it!

Hivetyrant 09-06-2004 07:35 AM

Hehehe, well I used to listen to alot of rap/Hip-hop [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
But now I have started to listen to bands like Soulfly, Fear Factory and so on, but I generally like any type of music except pop and country.