Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A cultural sense of humour (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83643)

Donut 01-16-2003 08:55 AM

I have a feeling that only Brits will get this joke (if anyone does)

Can you tell me if you get the joke here?

A crab walks into a pub and says to the barman 'can I have a large scotch and a pint of lager?'

The barman replies: 'I'm not serving you any more!'

The crab says 'why not?'

And the barman replies: 'because everytime you come in here you give it all 'that'!

:D :D

Everyone in my pub thinks it's hilarious.

Moiraine 01-16-2003 09:02 AM

Uh I fear subtletiles are lost on me ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Callum Kerr 01-16-2003 09:06 AM

Ummmm... a joke may not be funny if you explain it... but its a damn sight more funny than a misunderstood (or not understood AT ALL) joke... ;)

Donut 01-16-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moiraine:
I love the change to your sig Moiraine! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Davros 01-16-2003 09:13 AM

Parlez vous Anglais?

Yes Donut - that was for you - your joke is like a foreign tongue to me.

Moiraine 01-16-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moiraine:

I love the change to your sig Moiraine! [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Héhé, I wondered if anybody would notice, of course I shouldn't have what with the Master of Sharpness around *bow* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lanesra 01-16-2003 09:22 AM

Why wouldn't people get it ? :D

Davros 01-16-2003 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanesra:
Why wouldn't people get it ? :D
Sigh - maybe I am not cut out to be a Eurotwit after all :(

Grungi 01-16-2003 09:35 AM

i feel like im being incredibly stupid cos i dont get it at all, i just had another 4 english people in the office look at it as well on the offchance i was being stupid, and not one of them got it either, pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else? but am i missing something obvious [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Donut 01-16-2003 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grungi:
i feel like im being incredibly stupid cos i dont get it at all, i just had another 4 english people in the office look at it as well on the offchance i was being stupid, and not one of them got it either, pm me if you dont want to spoil it for everyone else? but am i missing something obvious [img]tongue.gif[/img]
There's a PM in the post.

Davros. Don't feel bad. You need some specific knowledge to get this and I think only londoners could get it. I know it's possible because Lanesra got it when I told him on the phone. :D