Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [OBV] Into the Painting - quest help (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64139)

Aelia Jusa 04-13-2006 06:55 PM

I am doing the quest where you enter the painting in Cheydinhal. I'm just wondering, can you kill the painted trolls without using the turpentine on them or not? If not (or even if so), how do I use the turpentine on them?

Thanks!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 04-13-2006 07:29 PM

I climbed on a rock where they couldn't reach me, and killed some of them with fireballs. So yeah, they can be killed without using the turpentine. Matter of fact, i don't recall using that at all.

Kyrvias 04-13-2006 08:06 PM

The Turpintine just helps with damage. Poison your melee weapon, your your arrows, it doesn't matter much.

TheCrimsomBlade 04-14-2006 10:42 AM

How to poisen your weapon:
Open your inventory klick on one of the bottles of
Turpintine, then a list comes up asking what you
want to do and click on apply to which ever weapon
you want it applied to.

Be careful useing fire balls in the painting! I set
the whole painting on fire and it killed me. LOL

Ilander 04-14-2006 10:56 AM

Poisons are my daddy :D

Seriously, my character literally rocked the Arena, mostly thanks to poisons...except for that fight against the three Argonians...

Darn Argonians and their immunity to poisons!

hmm...it just occurred to me that my metal weapons didn't do much at all versus the painted trolls...but, since they're "painted" on canvas, I guess that fire spells are unusually effective?

I'd love to hear other people's input on this particular quest, which I though was a great one.

[ 04-14-2006, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Aelia Jusa 04-14-2006 05:03 PM

I thought it was cool as well. I am very impressed with the quests I have done so far, in terms of being a bit different. And I have had hardly any fed-ex style quests. I also like how quests from a city are centred around the wilderness in close proximity to the city. It means I don't have to do what I did in Morrowind, which was collect heaps of quests then plan wilderness forays around where a number of them were located, which was quite the logistical undertaking! I can comfortably get a quest, go do it, and come back and I haven't wasted a huge wilderness trek that I will have to go on again with my next trek.

Anyway, I used the turpentine and a couple of (fortunately well-directed :eek: :D ) fireballs and killed those suckers. LMAO at burning the painting up - that is great attention to detail [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

djp1021 06-04-2006 03:56 PM

you really set the whole painting on fire? thats cool! i gotta do that!except do you think if you set it on fire as that guy opens the portal to go back to the real world, it will still be on fire when you look at the painting? that be pretty cool and weird :D

DraconisRex 06-07-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I am doing the quest where you enter the painting in Cheydinhal. I'm just wondering, can you kill the painted trolls without using the turpentine on them or not? If not (or even if so), how do I use the turpentine on them?

Thanks!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I chopped them into bits.