Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Question to MODS: im just plain curious about something (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73461)

Harkoliar 02-11-2002 09:32 PM

im really curious on how much does IW takes up your time in real life. maintaining a communtiy this big is really a hard work and a very big responsibilty. like a police officer all the time. heck this is a volunteer work nothing personal or offensive to any of you (and, no! im not planning to do something against IW if i know what is your time schedule so dont worry [img]smile.gif[/img] ) does IW sometimes conflict with yout real life work?

IW is only a recreational and fun society game and modz dont earn anything about it except for the great feeling you know that you are doing a great thing keeping IW a fun and happy place to hundreds of users who log in here everyday (like me [img]smile.gif[/img] )

so here is also my appreciative thank you to all of you... and keep up the good work...

ps: answer my questions if it does not conflict with modz rules. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch 02-11-2002 09:40 PM

It does take up a bit of time, but it's time well-spent IMHO. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It can be difficult, especially when you have urgent duties to fulfill (trolls, flamers, etc) and you're in the middle of some RL work. But since we're all so well-behaved here, it doesn't take any more time than it should. When our War Forum was up, moderating used to take up a LOT more of my time. Now it's not that bad - few incidents here and there. ;)

Having said that, of course I still find the time to do other things. It's important to always get a good balance in life. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Larry_OHF 02-11-2002 11:45 PM

<font color=skyblue>
When I get up in the morning, I run in to check and see if there are any messages before I go to work. When I get to work, I log in and pull up two windows...one for the Gen. Con., and one for the RP forum, the latter of which I moderate and participate heavily. During the day, I just refresh the screen everytime I sit down at my desk, as I am frequently away. When I get home, I run my wife off by telling her some fib about having to check on something urgent...and pull up my windows again to see what is going on, while eating dinner. After playing with the baby some and putting both wife and child to bed, I have been known to roam these halls until 4am!
Devoted or crazy...you decide...but I am loving it.
Of course...I am failing Accounting and have dropped out of my band, and the house chores rarely get done...but that is to be expected... ;) </font>

Sorcerer Alex 02-12-2002 10:15 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Memnoch:
It's important to always get a good balance in life [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Would that include lolling around on beds with attractive women surrounded by drooling mutts? ;)

What were you up to in that last photo of you at Stealthy's, genie? :D

You have some explaining to do ;)

Larry_OHF 02-12-2002 10:18 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arledrian:

Would that include lolling around on beds with attractive women surrounded by drooling mutts? ;)

What were you up to in that last photo of you at Stealthy's, genie? :D

You have some explaining to do ;)
<hr></blockquote>

Hehe...I was thinking the same thing!
My wife saw that and made me promise not to look at it again!