Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Good fighter/paladin (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47280)

Aegis 10-17-2000 03:37 PM

Where can you find a good fighter, i have minsc, and i just sent the evil Dwarf to the slaughterhouse he wont be back,

Aegis

Tipsy McSwagger 10-17-2000 03:40 PM

Anomen is pretty good, especially once he makes it into the Order of the Radiant Heart. He's in the copper coronet. He's a cleric but still a pretty kick-arse fighter.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Jerome 10-17-2000 03:49 PM

ONLY TRUE PALADINS ARE WORTHY, DONT LISTEN TO THE DRUNK, HE KNOWS NOTHING OF COMBAT, EXCEPT FROM THE INCESSENT BEATINGS HE RECIVES OFF OF ME.

DONT GET AMOEN HE HAS NO HONOUR, STRENGTH AND FIGHTS ARIEE IF YOU PUT THEM TOGETHER

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN

Asphyxiate 10-17-2000 04:52 PM

>> DONT GET AMOEN HE HAS NO HONOUR

Which is precisely why he's in my party.

TDZHON 10-17-2000 06:17 PM

Anomen rocks! He starts at a vicious high level as a cleric (13 for me when I was lvl 11), and has a sling specialty. Chuck the guants of dex on him and you got the best NPC in the game IMO - over 100 HPs to boot!. I am on chap 6 (just started) and he is already lvl 19!!!

The dwarf is the best fighter with his 19 Con and you can give him the girdle (19 str) and dex guants (18 dex) to make him truely unstoppable. Also, he can go full specialization, which no other NPC fighter can do (lame IMO - the "Good" alignment NPCs are the weakest - u just have to make the best of it).

Javalin Ironfist 10-17-2000 06:27 PM

Anomen is good, he's just....too young. I was amuzed when he was refused into the knighthood.What an amazing conversation!Anyway, there is also another option, the guy in the sewge, when you on your way to solve the cultless god...He is a Paladin, and a good fighter to be sure, the most important thing is, he is the only Paladin in the game(unless you are a paladin), so if you want to use that kicking ass paladin sword, be sure to get him. However, after he joins your group, his wife will double-cross him and run away wif another man(ture, this bitch!) and if you want the knight go back to tide up his life, you will lose him(I dont know if we can get him later, however my team is full now...).

TDZHON 10-17-2000 06:30 PM

Anomen was accepted into Knighthood with me. You must have taken revenge for his sisters death. I pulled a brave sir robin and it paid off in the end (though it was hard for me - cowardly definitely comes to mind). He gets 50K points for entering knighthood, boosted him to lvl 19 for me at the beginning of chap 6, NICE!

ArchMage1 10-17-2000 08:22 PM

Anomen was allowed into the knighthood for me as well. He got an increase to his wisdom score for it. That gave him some bonus spells which come in handy. He is one of my favorite NPC's as well. Then again, I don't generally play evil characters.

Illusionist 10-17-2000 09:56 PM

Yeah, Anomen seems almost unstopable to me. True, he's a little self righteous, but I would drop any other character before him. Cast Spiritual Hammer on him and stand back in awe. I've seen him kill things no one else can even hit (Minsc; "I need a bigger sword!"). No doubt about it, he's my boy. I had Keldorn with me for a while, and he was ok, but then he left to patch things up with his wife. Right now I've got Valygar, because I'm doing the planar sphere, but he sucks. Minsc is a loveable looney, but you know, it seems like he gets injured too easily, and he's always getting confused, or stunned, or chaotic commanded, or whatever. Must be the old head wound. I've seriously thought about dropping him, although I probably won't actually do it.