Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Question for the Australians (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86716)

Albromor 06-21-2003 02:43 PM

We here in the nothern hemisphere today have officially entered the Summer season which means you have entered winter time. I was curious as to what winters are like for you. How much snow do you get and what is the average temperature during winter in your various geographical sections? This past winter for us was very cold and very snowy, and the cold, damp weather continues here in the Northeast of the U.S. right as I type this.

Lanesra 06-21-2003 03:11 PM

Well this one's started pretty bad for them , England have just spanked them at rugby :D

shadowhound 06-21-2003 06:20 PM

Well I can only speak for where I live (4 or so hours from Brisbane) but no snow and lowest temp was about 9.

[ 06-21-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]

Dagorion 06-21-2003 06:43 PM

Well being right on the coast (About 100m from the water actually...) and 4 hours north of Brisbane there is absolutely no snow and its probably been 10C at coldest in the mornings lately...

And I'm sure I would be feeling the bitter defeat if I actually followed the game Lanesra. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Damn you Shadow! It's 10C I tell ya! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-21-2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Dagorion ]

dragon_lord 06-21-2003 07:28 PM

Its been cold the last few weeks down here in the SW, more so than usual. Getting down to below 0 a few times, which is nothing to what you guys get - I have never seen snow in my entire life. We need rain for the crops, but so far it refuses to rain much at all :(

Davros 06-21-2003 07:30 PM

Rough location is near Perth, West Australia. Last week it got to 1.2 deg C in the mornings. Typical winter temperatre range is 7-23 deg C over here.

Snow does not happen here - there are some places in Australia that get snow, and typially they are named "The Snowy Mountains" - we are a practical bunch like that [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 06-21-2003 08:45 PM

So Aussies can't skate ? Or ski ? :D

Davros 06-21-2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Huh???
Last winter Olympics?
Steve Bradbury - gold medal - mens short track skating
Alisa Camplin - gold medal - Womens aerial skiing

You should have said "some Aussies can't skate or ski johnny" :D

wellard 06-21-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Oh Johnny! You should know that unlike the jamican bob sleigh team, at the last winter olympics we won gold at skating [img]smile.gif[/img] No sport is to obscure in this desert country for us to win gold in [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnny 06-21-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

Huh???
Last winter Olympics?
Steve Bradbury - gold medal - mens short track skating
Alisa Camplin - gold medal - Womens aerial skiing

You should have said "some Aussies can't skate or ski johnny" :D
</font>[/QUOTE]I wasn't "saying" anything Davros, just wondering. Somehow i knew you'd jump on the case. :D