Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What do you like to eat? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99543)

Spirits Reborn 08-11-2008 12:05 AM

What do you like to eat?

Food. Yes, I know :hehe: but what kind?

You see, I'm making a blog related to food recipes and self improvement. I was thinking of combining them both. I've only just started the process of this, I have a few topics in mind, but what I want to write about and what others want to read might differ. Basically I'm out to cover things that alot of "popular blogs" ignore. Odd food recipes, exotic food recipes in the food area, and pressing/sensitive matters in the self improvement area.

So my real questions are ,

what topics would you like covered in such a blog?

Which ones would you want to read about?

Bungleau 08-11-2008 08:18 AM

Re: What do you like to eat?

Stuff today that I never would have dreamed of growing up. I enjoy sushi, thai food, indian food, and even african food... and growing up, I barely stretched beyond meat and potatoes.

Stuff I'd be interested in... the ins and outs of those different kinds of foods. What are the different styles of preparing them? Which ones are as common as chicken noodle soup, and which ones are more exotic? Tips and tricks for preparing them or finding / recognizing good sources of that food.

Damn. Now you've made me hungry... and it's only five past eight in the morning here ;)

Lavindathar 08-11-2008 12:23 PM

<font color="cyan">My dish of choice is Blackened Basilisk if you must know...</font>

Iron Greasel 08-12-2008 03:17 PM

Making a delicious meal out of anything you happen to have lying around. You know, using common ingredients in new and creative ways. Or old, true and tested ways, whatever, but generally making food out of stuff most people already have in their cupboards.

pritchke 08-12-2008 04:16 PM

I am addicted to Soy Beans. They are a good side dish vegetable that goes well with most anything. Makes a good appitizer or snake as well.

Winter Wolf 08-13-2008 12:45 AM

I love Indian food, and it's pretty much THE thing I look for recipes online. Alternatively, I don't eat many vegetables, but I'd be open to something that made veggies really really good.

pritchke 08-13-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winter Wolf (Post 1212556)
I love Indian food, and it's pretty much THE thing I look for recipes online. Alternatively, I don't eat many vegetables, but I'd be open to something that made veggies really really good.

Soy beans, put a pack to thaw in the microwave for about 4 or 5 min and pop them out of the shell and you have a vegtable that kinda taste like potato chips. Yummy!!

Beaumanoir 08-13-2008 06:46 PM

Your Mum.

Firestormalpha 08-13-2008 07:16 PM

Something I haven't been able to get in ages.... Kentucky Fried Kobold. Oh and there's always scrapple.

Madman-Rogovich 08-13-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavindathar (Post 1212317)
<font color="cyan">My dish of choice is Blackened Basilisk if you must know...</font>

Keeps ye regular...