Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Romance flags in the savegame - help needed! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59093)

Whailor 11-18-2001 10:05 AM

Hail!

Jaheira got called away to Harper's Hold and Aeria started to simper about something (again). From 3 answers one was rude, one was too careless and 3rd was OK, so being a benevolent fella I am I chose that. But seems that I triggered the romance with Aerie, what is not my intent. I wanted to try the Jaheira line out this time. When I look into savegame, there's the <name>ROMANCE-something flag.

I suppose that 1 means it's started, 2 means that it's active and 3 means it's "closed", ended, over? Aerie is on 2 and Jaheira is on 3? So if I reverse it, I will go with Jaheira (what was my intent)?

Zbyszek 11-18-2001 10:12 AM

Yes. 3 is over, 2 is active. Should work after change. If not reload [img]smile.gif[/img]

Whailor 11-19-2001 02:41 AM

Thanks Zbyszek, so it was...

I switched the flags, set the Aerie's flag to 3 and Jaheira's to 2. Immediately, when I got into the game, Jaheira's talk continued. So all was OK, shortly I was attacked by Revianne (or whatever the name was) in Umar Hills. At the point where I am now, that fight was really nothing and they got spanked good. Things did get a bit weird, when lateron, way after Umar Hills, Revianne appeared again at the Copper Coronet. I didn't know that Harpers use necromancy to raise dead heheh.. Well who am I to say "No" to easy XP and extra cash I get from selling the loot, so down they went again.

I was tad worried at that moment though, I thought that if Revianne pops out for the 3rd time, I might be in some sort of a loop. I wasn't though very sure about that, since Jaheira's dialogue continued normally. Guess it was just some glitch, most probably because we already had the fight in Harper Hold earlier and they came now after me, and when I set the Jaheira's romance to be active again, it maybe trigerred the spawn again. Doesn't matter though, all is cool so far. Have had the first meeting with Dermin as well.

Thanks again.

brian nash 11-23-2001 04:36 PM

What are these romance flags I have been hearing so much about and how do I edit it? thanks in advance

Melusine 11-23-2001 05:14 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by brian nash:
What are these romance flags I have been hearing so much about and how do I edit it? thanks in advance<hr></blockquote>

Actually they're Global Variables, that get set to a certain value whenever something important happens in the game.
For example, when you are in a romance with Jaheira, the Global Variable called JaheiraRomanceActive will be set to 2, which means 'active'. If it's set to three, it means the romance is somehow broken off.
You can view all the Global Variables by downloading ShadowKeeper. Install the program and run it. Open your save game and scroll through the options. One of the last ones is Global Variables. Don't mess around with them though, it will crash your game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

brian nash 11-24-2001 02:56 PM

thank you for the help I will have to take a look at them then thanks again