Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Oh yeah, well YOUR character could beat up MY character! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9964)

SixOfSpades 10-08-2002 02:57 PM

A new type of contest/poll, and simultaneously a new low for BG stupidity. 2 for the price of 1, hoo boy!

The Object: Create the absolute WORST character you can. The only rule is that you're not allowed to move points from 1 stat into another; all of your stats must be natural rolls. You are allowed to cheat illegal race/class combinations, provided you preserve the integrity of hitpoints, Saving Throws, etc. (For instance, to make a Half-Orc Mage, you build a Human Mage and then apply the STR and CON bonuses, and the INT and CHA penalties. Their Saving Throws are exactly the same.)

*** My Starter Character: ***

Putz

Male Lawful Neutral Human Thief
8 / 10 / 11 / 13 / 17 / 17

Thieving Skills at Level 1:
Pick Pockets: 25%
Open Locks: 5%
Stealth: 0%
Find Traps: 0%

I took this guy through the Prologue of BG1, and MAN he was pathetic! He needed to drink a Healing Potion to kill Carbos, but he managed to hold his own against the Rats pretty well. Thief-wise, he could only open ONE of the locked chests in Candlekeep! He tried to pickpocket a couple of useful items, but naturally turned everyone hostile instead. He walked out of Candlekeep with only 134 gp....I have NEVER left with so little, unless I spent the lot on Healing Potions.

My only regret with this character is that he's strong enough to carry armor, so with Studded Leather and a Buckler, his AC was 6. It would be REALLY sweet if he could only carry 5 pounds of gear--pretty funny to see him using a Sling to protect his whopping 6 hitpoints against a pack of Wolves. :D

johnny 10-08-2002 03:04 PM

Interresting, but what is the fun in that ?

Tormentor 10-08-2002 03:10 PM

I think Mr ' Biff The Understudy' could beat that!!!!!

SixOfSpades 10-08-2002 03:10 PM

Just for stupidity. I remember one guy liked to play the "Nobleman" class--create a worthless character who does nothing except tell the other party members what to do. Kind of like the exact inverse of playing solo.

Horatio 10-08-2002 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Interresting, but what is the fun in that ?
Come on, you've done stupid things for fun before. remember that wild night in Paris? Do you still have the scars from the glue gun? :D [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Angelousss 10-08-2002 06:09 PM

i made one quick bob the bard
st 6 dex 16 con 13 int 14 wis 10 chr 17
thac0:24
pickpockets40%
saving throws
posion 13 staff 14 petrify 12 breath 16
profiecncy spear 1 spiked 1
ac 8 weight 30 hp 6

I went straight to carbos and failed to hit him

The Ozzman 10-08-2002 06:20 PM

On a side note, I like to battle other people's protagonists on gamespy. It's hard to find people who don't have 500 hp or a -20 AC, but once in a while I find someone who is legit. One thing is for sure, you see the true power of the Kensai. If anyone ever wants to try let me know.

Sir Krustin 10-08-2002 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Just for stupidity. I remember one guy liked to play the "Nobleman" class--create a worthless character who does nothing except tell the other party members what to do. Kind of like the exact inverse of playing solo.
I got so fed up with other players being such munchkins I threatened to create an abolutely useless character in shadowrun one time...never followed through with it though.

One thing I found interesting about Traveller, was the possibility of generating a member of the nobility. ("Wouldst thou pass me that frag grenade my liege") [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

SixOfSpades 10-09-2002 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angelousss:
i made one quick bob the bard
st 6 dex 16 con 13 int 14 wis 10 chr 17
thac0:24
pickpockets40%
saving throws
posion 13 staff 14 petrify 12 breath 16
profiecncy spear 1 spiked 1
ac 8 weight 30 hp 6

I went straight to carbos and failed to hit him

Hey, sounds good, but I think he'd beat Putz. Both characters are just strong enough to wear Studded Leather & a Buckler, but Bob the Bard has a better AC bonus.