Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Official Rugby World Cup Thread (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88080)

Downunda 10-11-2003 06:54 AM

well... it's off to a predictible start with Aussie beating the Pumas yesterday in a solid 24 to 8 win. Wendell Sailor was in devastating form as the Wallabies showed they won't surrender the Webb Ellis without a fight.

The All Blacks kicked off in similair fashion with a resounding 70 to 7 win over Italy although it looks like Tana Umaga might be out of the tourny with a seriously injured knee :(

Ireland recorded a 45 to 17 victory against Romania, could be good to see the lads in green when they play Australia ;) GO IRELAND!

feel free to post your comments and tributes, I'll keep it updated as I can [img]smile.gif[/img]

Downunda 10-11-2003 07:14 AM

And I've just found Donuts bloody sub titled thread a bit further down the page >.<
Don't mind me [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Davros 10-11-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Downunda:
And I've just found Donuts bloody sub titled thread a bit further down the page >.<
Don't mind me [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

C'mon Downunda - you surely couldn't expect Donut to give a post such an obvious title as "The official World Cup Rugby Thread" now would you ;) - where would be the fun in that [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I thought you had another injury as well against Italy - didn't that Joe Rockabyebaby (sp) tear a groin or something as well as Umunga doing a cruciate?

Downunda 10-11-2003 03:26 PM

Joe's a hard nutter, he can handle the pain ;)

Aelia Jusa 10-11-2003 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
(sp)
ROFL [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I hate rugby. But I love Wendell :D

Davros 10-11-2003 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:
(sp)

ROFL [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I hate rugby. But I love Wendell :D
</font>[/QUOTE]This board has taught me that if you don't know the true spelling of a word just totally massacre it and add an (sp) [img]smile.gif[/img] - I thought it was a better way than to try to seriously get it right :D .

I am aware that you have a professional interest in spelling, and I assure you that it is something I normally take quite seriously ;) .

Downunda 10-11-2003 11:49 PM

well... Safrica smashed Urugauy in a 72-6 rout and France overpowered Fiji 61-18 keeping the tournament free from upsets so far...

South Africa leads the try total with 12 with New Zealand one spot behind on 11

England, Scotland and Wales kick off their campaign later today with Englands game vs Georgia expected to continue the weekend's prolific scoring feats ;)

wellard 10-12-2003 01:54 AM

/off topic *Ive just heard that a certain new zealander just scored, congrats [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] * /end off topic

Who is your tip to win Downunda? My money would be on either Ireland or England.

Downunda 10-12-2003 02:48 AM

thanks dude ;)

my money would be on either England or the ABs, be kew if Ireland did get up there though ^^

Spade 10-12-2003 08:58 AM

It's good to see that Ireland has a lot of support here. Obviously I would love to see Ireland to go all the way and I think we have a good chance. But there are a lot of great teams we have to go through first.